    there any kind of software diagnostic tool I can use to check it out?

    Thanks!
    , Nov 10, 2005

  2. SleeperMan Guest

    wrote:
    > The other day my power flickered and my system rebooted. Since that
    > time I have been unable to get online with my DSL connection. I know
    > the DSL works since I have a laptop that works fine.
    >
    > I suspect a possible problem with my SY-K7V Dragon Plus LAN port. Is
    > there any kind of software diagnostic tool I can use to check it out?
    >
    > Thanks!

    i think the cheapest way is disable on board LAN and insert IDE LAN card,
    since they are dirt cheap. It's quite possible that any diagnotsic tool will
    show card as OK, but it still won't work, if input chip is gone...
    SleeperMan, Nov 10, 2005

  3. Guest

    Thanks! I think that is what I am going to do. I think I actually have
    a spare card. According to soyo web site I should also try and clear
    the cmos.

    Thanks for advice.
    , Nov 10, 2005
  4. SleeperMan Guest

    wrote:
    > Thanks! I think that is what I am going to do. I think I actually have
    > a spare card. According to soyo web site I should also try and clear
    > the cmos.
    >
    > Thanks for advice.

    hm...don't take SOYO support too seriousely...
    Once i've had problems --- my PC would ran fine, but burn CDR with success,
    while data verification would fail...
    I wrote to SOYO and clearly told them that i DID replace PSU, reset CMOS,
    reseat RAM and CPU etc....
    while when they answered they still wrote stuff like "try to replace PSU,
    try to clear CMOS ..." it seems that they have almost automatically
    generated reply with all common failures and it is send to all mails...damn
    idiots...

    Oh, what was the failure...??? I've had TWO RAM modules installed. Strange,
    but true. When i replaced two 256M modules with one 512M one, PC runs fine
    again. i did hear a lot about this board being sensitive when more than one
    RAM module is installed...

    But, in general, if you do have a clue about setting CMOS back, it won't
    harm in clearing it. Just note that after that you'll have to set some
    parameters in CMOS again...
    SleeperMan, Nov 11, 2005