SY K7VTA Pro

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by Jeff Walters, Feb 15, 2006.

  1. Jeff Walters

    Jeff Walters Guest

    I just bought a new Seagate 250 gig UDMA hard drive and installed it
    to my PC. It ran fine for a day but when I went to boot up, it didn't.
    I had to reload Windows and then after a day it did the same thing. It
    stops at "verifying DMI Pool Table" (I think thats what it says),
    anyway, I wrote Seagate and they said it sounded like the BIOS was not
    handling the larger drive.

    I got the latest BIOS update from SOYO but would like to see if anyone
    coudl tell me if this would take care of the larger drive problem.
    Soyo has yet to write back and answer my question. I also get no help
    when I call.

    Anyone have an answer?

    Jeff

    1. Advertising

  2. ThunderBob

    ThunderBob Guest

    It should if you haven't updated it yet. Been using Maxtor 250gig drives on my K7VTA Pro with BIOS 2ba1 for over a year with no problems.

    2BA1:

    Description
    1. Fixed WinXP install fail.
    2. Support USB boot.
    3. Support above 137G HDD.

    If that doesn't help, you might want to go to the Seagate website and download their diagnostic tool to check that new drive out.

    TB