SY-KT600 Dragon Plus v.1.0 hard drives constantly pwr on/off

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by psteeley@gmail.com, Mar 25, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I had 2 hard drives and 2 cd drives on ide cables. No problems for
    months, then suddenly the hard drives started powering on/off
    constanly. You could hear them spinning up/clicking on/off. Ran
    diagnostics on hard drives, they are fine.
    System finally wouldn't boot.
    Now I can't get it to boot into anything. I can get it up to the Bios
    to set the boot order/etc. and it will save the changes, but when I try
    to reinstall windows the thing hangs while trying to load any setup
    files.
    I also have it mentioning something about raid after the logo but
    before going into the POST(Verify dmi, hit any button to boot cd,
    etc.)Was able to flash the Bios and I still got that fast little popup
    that I have never seen before.
    I think the power supply is bad but I don't have another to test with,
    or the CMOS chip is in need of a trip to Soyo(which won't happen, that
    would be more than I paid for the board).
    Any ideas would be appreciated I have never had this type of problem
    before and I am so far out in the country I gotta go 55+ miles to get a
    new pwr supply unless I order it online. And I would like some idea if
    I was on the right track first or not!
    Thanks!
    , Mar 25, 2006