    GC: Gainward ti4200 128M
    Power: Antec 350W ATX

    Why the mb does work with this configuration?

    samoh, May 1, 2005

  2. samoh

    samoh Guest

    "samoh" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I just bought sy-kt600 D+ v2.0 mb from a local computer shop. I set up

    CPU,
    > memory, and GC, but mb didn't work.-no beep, no response. I have k7v D+

    mb
    > I bought two years ago and recently doesn't work properly. I used the

    parts
    > from the old D+ mb, and the parts work w/ k7v. The system configuration

    is:

    > CPU: Athlon XP 1800
    > memory: PC2100? 256M x 2
    > GC: Gainward ti4200 128M
    > Power: Antec 350W ATX
    >
    > Why the mb does work with this configuration?

    Additional information:

    I refreshed bios, but it didn't help to fix the problem. Besides, I have a
    few questions:

    Q1: Does the MB support Athlon XP 1800?
    Q2: Does the MB support the PC2100 memory modules?
    Q3: Does the MB support Gainward ti4200 128M GC? I am not sure if the
    voltage of Gainward ti4200 6500XP's AGP interface is 1.5V or something else.
    Does anyone know what the voltage is?
    Q4: Do you need 400W power supply for the MB?

    Thank you in advance.

    samoh, May 2, 2005

  3. samoh

    f/fgeorge Guest

    On Sun, 1 May 2005 22:14:23 -0400, "samoh" <> wrote:

    >"samoh" <> wrote in message
    >> I just bought sy-kt600 D+ v2.0 mb from a local computer shop. I set up

    >CPU,
    >> memory, and GC, but mb didn't work.-no beep, no response. I have k7v D+

    >mb
    >> I bought two years ago and recently doesn't work properly. I used the

    >parts
    >> from the old D+ mb, and the parts work w/ k7v. The system configuration

    >is:
    >>
    >> CPU: Athlon XP 1800
    >> memory: PC2100? 256M x 2
    >> GC: Gainward ti4200 128M
    >> Power: Antec 350W ATX
    >>
    >> Why the mb does work with this configuration?
    >>

    >Additional information:
    >
    >I refreshed bios, but it didn't help to fix the problem. Besides, I have a
    >few questions:
    >
    >Q1: Does the MB support Athlon XP 1800?
    >Q2: Does the MB support the PC2100 memory modules?

    yes, I used to use these until I bought some PC3200 ones. I set it at
    100mhz when using the PC2100 and it ran at 1000mhz.

    >Q3: Does the MB support Gainward ti4200 128M GC? I am not sure if the
    >voltage of Gainward ti4200 6500XP's AGP interface is 1.5V or something else.

    Unplug it and plug in a generic card and see.

    >Does anyone know what the voltage is?
    >Q4: Do you need 400W power supply for the MB?

    no

    f/fgeorge, May 2, 2005
  4. samoh

    samoh Guest

    "f/fgeorge" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 1 May 2005 22:14:23 -0400, "samoh" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"samoh" <> wrote in message
    > >> I just bought sy-kt600 D+ v2.0 mb from a local computer shop. I set up

    > >CPU,
    > >> memory, and GC, but mb didn't work.-no beep, no response. I have k7v

    D+
    > >mb
    > >> I bought two years ago and recently doesn't work properly. I used the

    > >parts
    > >> from the old D+ mb, and the parts work w/ k7v. The system

    configuration
    > >is:
    > >>
    > >> CPU: Athlon XP 1800
    > >> memory: PC2100? 256M x 2
    > >> GC: Gainward ti4200 128M
    > >> Power: Antec 350W ATX
    > >>
    > >> Why the mb does work with this configuration?
    > >>

    > >Additional information:
    > >
    > >I refreshed bios, but it didn't help to fix the problem. Besides, I have

    > >few questions:
    > >
    > >Q1: Does the MB support Athlon XP 1800?
    > >Q2: Does the MB support the PC2100 memory modules?

    > yes, I used to use these until I bought some PC3200 ones. I set it at
    > 100mhz when using the PC2100 and it ran at 1000mhz.
    >
    > >Q3: Does the MB support Gainward ti4200 128M GC? I am not sure if the
    > >voltage of Gainward ti4200 6500XP's AGP interface is 1.5V or something

    else.
    > Unplug it and plug in a generic card and see.
    >
    > >Does anyone know what the voltage is?
    > >Q4: Do you need 400W power supply for the MB?

    > no
    > >
    > >Thank you in advance.

    Thanks for your reply, f/fgorge! Here is my comments again:
    Memory:
    I thought the memory modules were PC 2100, but probablly they are PC 2600.
    I have used the memory at 133MHZ FBS w/ my old k7v D+ MB, and it worked
    well.

    GC:
    I could not exactly understand "generic card". What exactly is it?

    Thanks agian!

    samoh, May 3, 2005
  5. samoh

    f/fgeorge Guest

    On Tue, 3 May 2005 05:40:51 -0400, "samoh" <> wrote:

    >"f/fgeorge" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 1 May 2005 22:14:23 -0400, "samoh" <> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"samoh" <> wrote in message
    >> >CPU,

    >D+
    >> >mb
    >> >parts

    >configuration
    >> >is:

    >> >Additional information:
    >> >
    >> >I refreshed bios, but it didn't help to fix the problem. Besides, I have

    >> >few questions:
    >> >
    >> >Q1: Does the MB support Athlon XP 1800?
    >> >Q2: Does the MB support the PC2100 memory modules?

    >> yes, I used to use these until I bought some PC3200 ones. I set it at
    >> 100mhz when using the PC2100 and it ran at 1000mhz.
    >>
    >> >Q3: Does the MB support Gainward ti4200 128M GC? I am not sure if the
    >> >voltage of Gainward ti4200 6500XP's AGP interface is 1.5V or something

    >else.
    >> Unplug it and plug in a generic card and see.
    >>
    >> >Does anyone know what the voltage is?
    >> >Q4: Do you need 400W power supply for the MB?

    >> no
    >> >
    >> >Thank you in advance.

    >Thanks for your reply, f/fgorge! Here is my comments again:
    >Memory:
    >I thought the memory modules were PC 2100, but probablly they are PC 2600.
    >I have used the memory at 133MHZ FBS w/ my old k7v D+ MB, and it worked
    >well.
    >
    >GC:
    >I could not exactly understand "generic card". What exactly is it?

    Generic Card is a plain jane, ordinary, non fancy video card. You are
    using a "GC: Gainward ti4200 128M" as a video card, swap it out for a
    more plain one and see if that is the problem.
    slow the memory down to 100mhz and see if that fixes the problem, you
    can almost always underclock.

    f/fgeorge, May 3, 2005
  6. samoh

    samoh Guest

    "f/fgeorge" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 3 May 2005 05:40:51 -0400, "samoh" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"f/fgeorge" <> wrote in message

    up

    k7v
    > >D+

    the

    > >configuration

    have

    > >> yes, I used to use these until I bought some PC3200 ones. I set it at
    > >> 100mhz when using the PC2100 and it ran at 1000mhz.

    > >else.
    > >> Unplug it and plug in a generic card and see.

    > >> no

    > >Thanks for your reply, f/fgorge! Here is my comments again:
    > >Memory:
    > >I thought the memory modules were PC 2100, but probablly they are PC

    2600.
    > >I have used the memory at 133MHZ FBS w/ my old k7v D+ MB, and it worked
    > >well.
    > >
    > >GC:
    > >I could not exactly understand "generic card". What exactly is it?
    > >

    > Generic Card is a plain jane, ordinary, non fancy video card. You are
    > using a "GC: Gainward ti4200 128M" as a video card, swap it out for a
    > more plain one and see if that is the problem.
    > slow the memory down to 100mhz and see if that fixes the problem, you
    > can almost always underclock.

    Thank you very much for your suggestions.
    I tried generic video card, but it didn't work. I also tried 100MHz FBS,
    but it didn't work too. I switched back to my old D+ mb, and it worked with
    the CPU, the memory, and theGC... I wish the old D+ mb work properly--it
    can launch Win2kpro--but crushs just before Win2k starts up kernel, and I
    don't know why it happens... If you have any knowldge of why that kind of
    problem (blue screen w/ hardware error) happens, please let me know. kt600
    mb doesn't return even beep sound when no memory module is set on it... It
    doesn't mean the mb is defective?

    Regards,

    samoh, May 6, 2005
  7. samoh

    f/fgeorge Guest

    On Thu, 5 May 2005 20:30:54 -0400, "samoh" <> wrote:

    >"f/fgeorge" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 3 May 2005 05:40:51 -0400, "samoh" <> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"f/fgeorge" <> wrote in message

    >up

    >k7v
    >> >D+

    >the
    >> >configuration

    >have

    >> >else.

    >> >Thanks for your reply, f/fgorge! Here is my comments again:
    >> >Memory:
    >> >I thought the memory modules were PC 2100, but probablly they are PC

    >2600.
    >> >I have used the memory at 133MHZ FBS w/ my old k7v D+ MB, and it worked
    >> >well.
    >> >
    >> >GC:
    >> >I could not exactly understand "generic card". What exactly is it?
    >> >

    >> Generic Card is a plain jane, ordinary, non fancy video card. You are
    >> using a "GC: Gainward ti4200 128M" as a video card, swap it out for a
    >> more plain one and see if that is the problem.
    >> slow the memory down to 100mhz and see if that fixes the problem, you
    >> can almost always underclock.
    >>

    >Thank you very much for your suggestions.
    >I tried generic video card, but it didn't work. I also tried 100MHz FBS,
    >but it didn't work too. I switched back to my old D+ mb, and it worked with
    >the CPU, the memory, and theGC... I wish the old D+ mb work properly--it
    >can launch Win2kpro--but crushs just before Win2k starts up kernel, and I
    >don't know why it happens... If you have any knowldge of why that kind of
    >problem (blue screen w/ hardware error) happens, please let me know. kt600
    >mb doesn't return even beep sound when no memory module is set on it... It
    >doesn't mean the mb is defective?
    >
    >Regards,

    Reseat the cpu and fan. VERY easy to get it crooked in this board.

    f/fgeorge, May 6, 2005
  8. samoh

    samoh Guest

    wrote:

    set
    > >up

    > >k7v

    > >the

    > >have

    at

    the

    something

    > >2600.

    worked

    > >> Generic Card is a plain jane, ordinary, non fancy video card. You are
    > >> using a "GC: Gainward ti4200 128M" as a video card, swap it out for a
    > >> more plain one and see if that is the problem.
    > >> slow the memory down to 100mhz and see if that fixes the problem, you
    > >> can almost always underclock.
    > >>

    > >Thank you very much for your suggestions.
    > >I tried generic video card, but it didn't work. I also tried 100MHz FBS,
    > >but it didn't work too. I switched back to my old D+ mb, and it worked

    with
    > >the CPU, the memory, and theGC... I wish the old D+ mb work

    properly--it
    > >can launch Win2kpro--but crushs just before Win2k starts up kernel, and I
    > >don't know why it happens... If you have any knowldge of why that kind of
    > >problem (blue screen w/ hardware error) happens, please let me know.

    kt600
    > >mb doesn't return even beep sound when no memory module is set on it...

    It
    > >doesn't mean the mb is defective?
    > >
    > >Regards,

    > Reseat the cpu and fan. VERY easy to get it crooked in this board.

    I have already set cpu and fan a few time on the mb, but it didn't work.
    When I got my old D+ mb, Soyo tech service replaced the mb 5 times (all
    defective except the last one--but only worked less than two years). Maybe,
    I got another defective mb from Soyo again? Well, anyway, Thank you for
    helping me. If you have any other idea to help me to solve this problem,
    please let me know.

    Regards,

    samoh, May 7, 2005
  9. samoh

    samoh Guest

    wrote:

    set
    > >up

    > >k7v

    > >the

    > >have

    at

    the

    something

    > >2600.

    worked

    > >> Generic Card is a plain jane, ordinary, non fancy video card. You are
    > >> using a "GC: Gainward ti4200 128M" as a video card, swap it out for a
    > >> more plain one and see if that is the problem.
    > >> slow the memory down to 100mhz and see if that fixes the problem, you
    > >> can almost always underclock.
    > >>

    > >Thank you very much for your suggestions.
    > >I tried generic video card, but it didn't work. I also tried 100MHz FBS,
    > >but it didn't work too. I switched back to my old D+ mb, and it worked

    with
    > >the CPU, the memory, and theGC... I wish the old D+ mb work

    properly--it
    > >can launch Win2kpro--but crushs just before Win2k starts up kernel, and I
    > >don't know why it happens... If you have any knowldge of why that kind of
    > >problem (blue screen w/ hardware error) happens, please let me know.

    kt600
    > >mb doesn't return even beep sound when no memory module is set on it...

    It
    > >doesn't mean the mb is defective?
    > >
    > >Regards,

    > Reseat the cpu and fan. VERY easy to get it crooked in this board.

    P.S.
    I reported this defect to Soyo technical support by email a week ago, but
    they have never repled except an automated notification email for recieving
    my service request... Do they keep their promise? They say they will reply
    in 48 hours... :(

    samoh, May 7, 2005
  10. samoh

    samoh Guest

    wrote:

    > set
    > > >up

    have
    > > >k7v

    used
    > > >the

    Besides,
    > > >have

    > at

    > the

    > something

    > > >2600.

    > worked

    > > >Thank you very much for your suggestions.
    > > >I tried generic video card, but it didn't work. I also tried 100MHz

    FBS,
    > > >but it didn't work too. I switched back to my old D+ mb, and it worked

    > with
    > > >the CPU, the memory, and theGC... I wish the old D+ mb work

    > properly--it
    > > >can launch Win2kpro--but crushs just before Win2k starts up kernel, and

    > > >don't know why it happens... If you have any knowldge of why that kind

    of
    > > >problem (blue screen w/ hardware error) happens, please let me know.

    > kt600
    > > >mb doesn't return even beep sound when no memory module is set on it...

    > It
    > > >doesn't mean the mb is defective?
    > > >
    > > >Regards,

    > > Reseat the cpu and fan. VERY easy to get it crooked in this board.
    > >

    > P.S.
    > I reported this defect to Soyo technical support by email a week ago, but
    > they have never repled except an automated notification email for

    recieving
    > my service request... Do they keep their promise? They say they will

    reply
    > in 48 hours... :(

    I went to the local computer shop to return this mb today. I picked an
    A-bit mb, and it is working very smoothly... I was very disappointed with
    my first D+ mb, whcih were replaced five times (at least) and just worked
    less than two years... I was very disappointed with the new D+ mb and SOYO
    tech support this time again. Before I leave
    I should not forget to say thanks for FGeorge for his help to the SOYO mb
    problem. Bye Bye SOYO...

    samoh, May 8, 2005
  11. samoh

    f/fgeorge Guest

    On Sun, 8 May 2005 00:47:18 -0400, "samoh" <> wrote:

    >"samoh" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "f/fgeorge" <> wrote in message

    >> set

    >have

    >used

    >Besides,

    >> at

    >> the

    >> something

    >> worked

    >FBS,

    >> with

    >> properly--it

    >of

    >> kt600

    >> It

    >> > Reseat the cpu and fan. VERY easy to get it crooked in this board.
    >> >

    >> P.S.
    >> I reported this defect to Soyo technical support by email a week ago, but
    >> they have never repled except an automated notification email for

    >recieving
    >> my service request... Do they keep their promise? They say they will

    >reply
    >> in 48 hours... :(
    >>

    >I went to the local computer shop to return this mb today. I picked an
    >A-bit mb, and it is working very smoothly... I was very disappointed with
    >my first D+ mb, whcih were replaced five times (at least) and just worked
    >less than two years... I was very disappointed with the new D+ mb and SOYO
    >tech support this time again. Before I leave
    >I should not forget to say thanks for FGeorge for his help to the SOYO mb
    >problem. Bye Bye SOYO...

    I am sorry to hear that, I have had nothing but good luck from Soyo. I
    own 7 or 8 boards from them.
    Knocking on wood here!

    f/fgeorge, May 8, 2005
  12. samoh

    f/fgeorge Guest

    On Sun, 8 May 2005 00:47:18 -0400, "samoh" <> wrote:

    >"samoh" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "f/fgeorge" <> wrote in message

    >> set

    >have

    >used

    >Besides,

    >> at

    >> the

    >> something

    >> worked

    >FBS,

    >> with

    >> properly--it

    >of

    >> kt600

    >> It

    >> > Reseat the cpu and fan. VERY easy to get it crooked in this board.
    >> >

    >> P.S.
    >> I reported this defect to Soyo technical support by email a week ago, but
    >> they have never repled except an automated notification email for

    >recieving
    >> my service request... Do they keep their promise? They say they will

    >reply
    >> in 48 hours... :(
    >>

    >I went to the local computer shop to return this mb today. I picked an
    >A-bit mb, and it is working very smoothly... I was very disappointed with
    >my first D+ mb, whcih were replaced five times (at least) and just worked
    >less than two years... I was very disappointed with the new D+ mb and SOYO
    >tech support this time again. Before I leave
    >I should not forget to say thanks for FGeorge for his help to the SOYO mb
    >problem. Bye Bye SOYO...

    I AM glad you got it figured it out though!!!!!

    f/fgeorge, May 8, 2005