    if I install 3 sticks I get an error with Memtest-86. I think that
    proves each stick is ok and that each slot is ok. Any suggestions?
    , Jul 30, 2006

  2. Rick Hallman Guest

    Re: SY-KT600 Memory Problem - Memtest Fluke

    Well I have good news or bad news depending on how you look at it. I put
    together a system last year based on this motherboard. It also had the
    3200+ and 1.5GB of ram. I used (3) 512 MB sticks of Corsair value ram so
    that should be equivalent to your KVR. I saw exactly the same results using
    Memtest on this motherboard. Any 2 sticks in any 2 slots passed all test
    but when you added the third stick you would receive an error on the stick
    in one particular slot. (I don't remember which slot it was at this time) I
    was putting this box together so my son would have desktop computer to use
    at college as well as his laptop so I was trying to check out the system
    before I handed over to him for school. Well I would consider the Memtest
    error you are seeing as a fluke because that computer with 1.5GB was stable
    as a rock at factory defaults and my son OC'd it after he took it to school.
    I ended up having to get some HD cooling because he was cooking the CPU with
    the stock cooler. I'm sorry this doesn't answer your problem but I would
    suggest that you look at something other than the memory and only use 2
    sticks until you find your problem so you'll know the memory isn't the
    culprit.

    Rick Hallman, Aug 5, 2006

  3. Guest

    Re: SY-KT600 Memory Problem - Memtest Fluke

    Thanks for the info. I was pretty sure it was a memory or motherboard
    problem but maybe I need to pursue a Windows XP Problem (though the
    computer is completely stable with 2 memory sticks). With 3 sticks
    installed I do get a blue screen for a split second before it reboots.
    No time to read the message.

    I do appreciate your input.

    Rick Hallman wrote:
    > Well I have good news or bad news depending on how you look at it. I put
    > together a system last year based on this motherboard. It also had the
    > 3200+ and 1.5GB of ram. I used (3) 512 MB sticks of Corsair value ram so
    > that should be equivalent to your KVR. I saw exactly the same results using
    > Memtest on this motherboard. Any 2 sticks in any 2 slots passed all test
    > but when you added the third stick you would receive an error on the stick
    > in one particular slot. (I don't remember which slot it was at this time) I
    > was putting this box together so my son would have desktop computer to use
    > at college as well as his laptop so I was trying to check out the system
    > before I handed over to him for school. Well I would consider the Memtest
    > error you are seeing as a fluke because that computer with 1.5GB was stable
    > as a rock at factory defaults and my son OC'd it after he took it to school.
    > I ended up having to get some HD cooling because he was cooking the CPU with
    > the stock cooler. I'm sorry this doesn't answer your problem but I would
    > suggest that you look at something other than the memory and only use 2
    > sticks until you find your problem so you'll know the memory isn't the
    > culprit.
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    > >I have had the SY-KT600 Dragon Plus running for a year or more with an
    > > Athlon XP 3200+ and 3 each Kingston KVR400X64C25/512. The problem is
    > > all of a sudden I began to have reboots during Windows XP startup. I
    > > ran Memtest-86 and it identified an endless list of memory problems. I
    > > tested each stick of memory individually with no errors. I can put two
    > > memory sticks in at a time in any of the three slots and no error but
    > > if I install 3 sticks I get an error with Memtest-86. I think that
    > > proves each stick is ok and that each slot is ok. Any suggestions?

    , Aug 7, 2006
  4. admin Guest

    According to Soyo tech support, the SY-KT600 only supports two stick of RAM
    at any speed above PC2100.

    admin, Aug 14, 2006
  5. Rick Hallman Guest

    If you read this page from SOYO support it does not say that only 2 slots
    can be utilized on the KT600 Plus with PC3200 memory.
    http://www.soyousa.com/kb/kbdesc.php?id=73 . That designation is only for
    the KT400 and KT333 Dragon Plus. The SY-KT600 Plus should support (3) 1GB
    sticks of PC 2100 memory or (3) 512MB sticks of PC2700 or PC3200 according
    http://www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?t=d&id=280&PHPSESSID=4582a4ae71a0d068b9e5fe0545b696f3.
    If you have some other source for this information please advise.

    Rick Hallman, Aug 21, 2006