    problem. I've trried replacing the power supply and I've disconnected just
    about everything to see if any of that is the problem. The only two items
    left are the Mobo and CPU.
    Guest, Oct 8, 2005

  2. Guest

    qendiil Guest

    not having any trouble booting, but..
    just built a new system i intend to "2 box" with in the future
    problems i'm noticing is that i cannot change some of my BIO
    settings. i change them only to discover they are back where the
    were before!
    it keeps reenabling onboard sound and lan. changing my agp settings
    won't let me change the agp or cpu voltage. it insists on enabling
    scsi card when there isn't one in the machine
    soyo has a bios update for this board. would/should that update fi
    these problems? anyone know anything about this bios update
    qendiil, Oct 16, 2005

  3. Guest

    uddarts Guest

    Re: Re: SY-KT880 boot problems

    "" wrote:
    > not having any trouble booting, but...
    > just built a new system i intend to "2 box" with in the
    > future.
    > problems i'm noticing is that i cannot change some of my BIOS
    > settings. i change them only to discover they are back where
    > they
    > were before!?
    > it keeps reenabling onboard sound and lan. changing my agp
    > settings.
    > won't let me change the agp or cpu voltage. it insists on
    > enabling a
    > scsi card when there isn't one in the machine.
    > soyo has a bios update for this board. would/should that
    > update fix
    > these problems? anyone know anything about this bios update?

    i keep forgetting you guys are over here. use to be all the
    conversations were about rebates. bad taste in everyone’s mouth, that
    one.

    i see no new bios and probably won’t be. there definitely is a bug in
    the bios that makes life miserable at times. i have both the dragon v1
    & v2, both on a closet shelf at the moment. i plan on bring the
    version 2 on line in the next month or so. as many times as i fought
    with that bios, i don’t remember the exact order of changes to keep it
    from reverting certain settings to default.

    so if your still having problems or want to go on another adventure,
    post again.

    ud

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/SY-KT880-boot-problems-ftopict63316.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=321957
    uddarts, Oct 28, 2005
  4. I think I had similar problem to you. Turns out my aftermarket quiet CPU
    fan was too slow. My PC boots & reboots fine now.

    Tony.

    Tony Heslington, Dec 7, 2005
  5. Guest

    MHz Tweaker Guest

    On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 19:41:43 GMT, <> wrote:

    >I have a problem where the only time my computer will boot is right after I
    >reset the BIOS. I was wondering if there is a utility that will allow me to
    >modify the BIOS settings to what I want and create a new BIOS to load so
    >that the defaults are the settings I need. Right now, my 2500+ procecessor
    >is running at 1.1GHz because if I go into the BIOS and change the BIOS, the
    >computer won't boot on reset (no beeps or anything). I think I'm going to
    >have to RMA the board, but I've got a new CPU coming to see if that's the
    >problem. I've trried replacing the power supply and I've disconnected just
    >about everything to see if any of that is the problem. The only two items
    >left are the Mobo and CPU.

    Hey

    I know this is a late follow up but maybe this will help some of the
    others out there.

    First of all: this is one quirky board!!!! I've noticed that sometime
    when I make changes in the BIOS, some of the onboard periph's will get
    turned off i.e. USB/SATA/Sound etc....

    After much screaming/head scratching and keyboard throwing (I'm not
    kidding). I figured it out. I turned off the ABR (Anti Burn Regulator)
    by removing the jumper from the motherboard. Second is to go into the
    BIOS by holding down the INS key and then powering the system up. It
    should pause and give you the option for going into the BIOS. I bought
    this board at my local Tiger Direct Outlet because 1. good price $60
    and 2. lots of feature (drive connectors). I installed a Sempron 2500+
    and a 512 x 2 pair of Kingston 3200 DDR in Dual channel mode.
    Go to the PC Health menu in the BIOS and Disable FOC and ABR. This
    will stop the system from shutting down after a few seconds if you
    have a slow or incompatible CPU fan. I took me 4hrs to figure this one
    out. Save your setting and reboot. It took many tries but have come to
    the conclusion that previous knowledge of mobo BIOS''s did me little
    good with this one. I would just change one or two things at a time
    and reboot to see what happeded.

    Another strange thing is sometimes after a BIOS save or a cold boot
    the keyboard won't work coming into the BIOS so I just unplug it from
    the unit and re-insert it. It seems to work. I've even seen the
    keyboard lights stay on after the system shuts down.

    I have also had to re-enagle things like USB/sound and the Gigabit
    ethernet after BIOS tweaking.

    I did mange to get my Sempron 2500+ from 1750MHz up to 2084MHz or
    something like that. I set the PC3200 on Auto settings and SPD/Auto
    detect as well. Then changed the FSB speed to Manual and bumped it up
    to 198 using the + key. I increase CPU core to 1.7 and left the RAM
    and AGP alone. Also set the Divider for PCI/AGP to /6 which gives
    you 33/66 MHz at DDR400 Ram speed. My temps are showing 44c and
    111F using Hmonitor during light use. I have not attempted to
    overclock more yet due to the fact I'm using a cheap heatsing fan by
    MassCool. Model 5F287B1L3GL if ya want to look it up on Newegg or
    tiger direct. I feel this board can do more with better cooling like a
    Zalman or Thermalright unit.

    This board didn't come with a Firewire Port or extra USB 2.0 expansion
    card type port. Anyone know who might sell these things?

    OHHHH I almost forgot. To correctly identify you CPU go into the MPS
    Configuration area of the BIOS and change the setting to Revision 1.4
    and that should handle the CPU not be identified correctly.

    Soyo could probably eliminate 99% of the issues with this board if
    they would just turn off the FOC control and change MPS to 1.4 by
    default.

    I will admit I was ready to break the thing in half trying to install
    it but it has turned out to be a very stable board so far. I've run it
    almost a week overclocked with no lockups or freezes under XP SP2. I
    don't play many games but do a lot of file and video compression that
    peg's the CPU at 100% quite a bit.

    I'll check this tread the rest of the week if anyone wants to reply.

    thanks

    later
    MHz Tweaker, Dec 29, 2005