    website says it will support Celeron upto 2.8 ghz but nothing about
    "D". I'm looking at the BX80546RE2400C - Prescott core cpu. Thanks
    alot for any help.

    paul, Sep 25, 2004

  2. paul

    WayneM Guest

    Paul,

    Although I haven't gotten around to installing my board yet, it is my
    understanding that the board is Prescott ready and the Celeron Ds are
    Prescott processors.

    Soyo has posted a BIOS upgrade to address the i865/Prescott/SP2 issue but,
    again since I haven't installed my board, I can't say if the upgrade fixes
    the issue. MS also has a Hotfix for the issue, but it must be installed
    before installing SP2. I'm unclear if the Hotfix works if you already have
    SP1 installed.

    Wayne

    WayneM, Sep 25, 2004

  3. paul

    paul Guest

    never mind now. thanks though Wayne. if you goto soyousa.com, it is
    like an updated version of the soyo site. if you go to soyo.com, it's
    like an older site. both show the same stuff but the usa site has a
    ton more information. wish i had known this last week as i would have
    ordered my cpu then. thanks for your help though and good luck on your
    build.
    Paul

    paul, Sep 26, 2004