Sy-P4i865PE+V1.0 again

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by wayneC, Dec 26, 2004.

  1. wayneC

    wayneC Guest

    I've looked through the various manuals for SOYO mobos and they all seem to
    have an AGP LED. This particular mobo just has an LED labeled LED1 just
    beside the CPUFAN2 connector between the CPU and memory slots.

    On my board this LED is lit no matter what I use for an AGP card. I've used
    a 4X card with a nVidia GeForce4 MX 420 chip, a 8x card with a nVidia
    GeForce4 MX 4000 chip and without any AGP card. I've also powered up the
    board from a PSU with a bad 12V circuit which keeps the fans from running
    and a good 5V circuit which causes the LED to light up.

    I've still received no reply from SOYO tech on the purpose of the LED or
    what being lit signifies. I was wondering if someone that has a functioning
    board could look and tell me if this LED is lit on their system.

    TIA,

    Wayne

    1. Advertising

  2. Guest

    LED1 is the AGP LED, this will be on all the time. It should be green,
    if its red then you have a problem. The motherboard only supports 1.5v
    for the AGP slot and when your video card is a 1.5volt card like
    required the light will be green. If your video card is old and runs at
    the old 3.3v standard the light would be red. Indicating this video
    card could damage your motherboard.

    1. Advertising

  3. wayneC

    wayneC Guest

    j.burghdoff,

    I have an old 3.3V AGP card that used to be in this K2 machine and these
    cards won't physically go into the AGP slot on this board.

    Are you saying that the single LED could be RED or GREEN depending on the
    circumstances? This board only has a "Quick Start Manual" and there is no
    full manual for the board, but looking at some of the other SOYO manuals it
    seems that this LED is either on or off.

    However, the fact that this LED is on even without any AGP card is of
    concern and I wish SOYO tech support would respond. I may have to call them
    even though they don't have a toll free number.

    Wayne