    MUeardoc Guest

    SP2 installed but now i get an internal script error with login in a file
    called tabsplash.hta. Any thoughts on how to fix?

    MUeardoc, Sep 5, 2004

  2. MUeardoc

    Chris H. Guest

    What is the error message? That file, I believe (don't have it here at
    present) is the initial splash screen with information basic about Tablets
    which shows upon your desktop after booting up, until you put a check mark
    in the box on the lower-left corner. If you have done the latter, you might
    check your Startup folder to see if it is still attempting to load.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H., Sep 5, 2004

  3. MUeardoc

    tom Guest

    Yes I'm running XP SP2 and Tablet PC 2005. In the old "TIP" you could use
    Grafitti for input that was much faster for me than typing on the keyboard
    or using the writing pad. Now in the new "TIP" that option is gone. I have
    to use the letters and my printing is terrible :). So I struggle with
    making the "TIP" recognize some of my printing (mostly "r", "u" lower case
    letters. By the time I get the "TIP" to change, even using the individual
    letters in the correction part of the "TIP", I could have written a book
    with Grafitti :). Well not that much but it would be much faster for me.

    tom, Sep 7, 2004
  4. MUeardoc

    Chris H. Guest

    You don't need to print letters individually, Tom. Give the Writing Pad a
    go. I think you'll find it is much easier to just go ahead and scribble
    away for a while, not trying to be so precise. I use half-print/half
    cursive for my "writing" and the Writing Pad does very, very well. Besides,
    as I noted before, you can use certain gestures in there. Take a look at my
    web site tutorials, and you'll see what I mean about scribble.

    Chris H., Sep 7, 2004
  5. On 9/6/2004 9:33:24 PM, "Chris H." wrote:
    >You don't need to print letters individually, Tom. Give the Writing Pad a
    >go. I think you'll find it is much easier to just go ahead and scribble
    >away for a while, not trying to be so precise. I use half-print/half
    >cursive for my "writing" and the Writing Pad does very, very well. Besides,
    >as I noted before, you can use certain gestures in there. Take a look at my
    >web site tutorials, and you'll see what I mean about scribble.
    >--
    >Chris H.
    >Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    >Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
    >Associate Expert

    I'll second Chris' comments above. My handwriting sucks. It has my whole
    life. I used to get yelled at in grade school by the nuns (catholic school)
    and kept after class. Didn't matter, I had my own writing style that I use
    because I like to write very quickly. I'm surprised that the tablet can
    recognize my scrawl so well.

    --
    John

    JDThree [MVP], Sep 7, 2004
  6. I also get this error (after applying SP2)

    "An error has occured in the script on this page
    Line: 19
    Char: 2
    Error: ClassFactory cannot supply requested class
    Code: 0
    Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?"

    Any way to disable this?

    Hennie Lombard, Sep 10, 2004
  7. MUeardoc

    Chris H. Guest

    There should be a entry point for Yes or No, select No. The tabsplash.hta
    is part of the OOB (out of box experience) launching a simple tutorial when
    the Tablet PC Edition 2005 is installed. Take a look in Start/All
    Programs/Startup and if there is an entry for the tutorial, right-click and
    remove it.

    Chris H., Sep 10, 2004
  8. MUeardoc

    Chris H. Guest

    Is this launching each time you start your Tablet? If so, simply put a
    check mark in the box in the lower-left corner of the Tutorial screen and it
    won't be called by the system again. If not, go into Windows Explorer and
    locate C:\WINDOWS\help\tpc_oobe.dll/tabsplash.hta. I would rename
    (right-click/Rename) the file to something like tabsplash.OLD so it doesn't
    attempt to launch.

    Chris H., Sep 20, 2004
  9. MUeardoc

    Chris H. Guest

    Is the item listed in your Startup folder or if you go to Start/Run and put
    in "msconfig" (without the quotes) does it show on the Startup tab? If so,
    remove the check mark in the box to the left of the item. I did check the
    Registry, but find only a couple entries which may or may not be related.

    Chris H., Sep 27, 2004