    Can any tell me how to take an acer notebook apart, I have taken all the
    screws out but one spot seems to be sticking?
    thanks...fliss

    barbibiz, Jun 26, 2004

  2. barbibiz

    budgie Guest

    On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:35:05 +1000, "barbibiz" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >Can any tell me how to take an acer notebook apart, I have taken all the
    >screws out but one spot seems to be sticking?
    >thanks...fliss

    Obviously that varies with the model in question. If you gave more information
    you might elicit a constructive reply.

    budgie, Jun 26, 2004

  3. barbibiz

    barbibiz Guest

    Acer aspire 1300series, dodgy ( appears to be) connection for the power,
    sometimes it works, sometimes not.. cannot seem to get it apart in one
    corner to check to see if it is broken or whatever...... thanks fliss
    "budgie" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:35:05 +1000, "barbibiz"

    <>

    barbibiz, Jun 26, 2004
  4. "barbibiz" <> wrote in message
    > Acer aspire 1300series, dodgy ( appears to be) connection for the power,
    > sometimes it works, sometimes not.. cannot seem to get it apart in one
    > corner to check to see if it is broken or whatever...... thanks fliss

    I had the same problem with my old Packard Bell laptop - I found the way to
    get to the power thing at the back was to remove the cover piece at the top
    of the keyboard where the power and shortcut buttons are (in the end didn't
    even need to remove any of the bottom screws), if the 1300's are the same
    you might be able to lift out the black cover at the top of the keyboard,
    then the keyboard should lift out, I'm not sure how you would move the Cd
    drive out of the way though?
    I haven't had a need to take my Aspre1315 apart yet so can not offer
    specfics, also when I took apart my Packard Bell and got to the power
    connector all that was there was the bit you see covered by a plastic cover
    and glued/soldered into place, wasn't anything to repair unless you were a
    electronics person.

    --
    Michael Murray

    Michael Murray, Jun 27, 2004
  5. barbibiz

    jim Guest

    There is a known problem with the power pin on this model. Basically, its a
    poor design. Its easy to replace yourself if you're good with a solder iron,
    otherwise ACER should replace free of charge.

    jim, Jul 12, 2004
  6. barbibiz

    barbibiz Guest

    Yes I am good with the soldering iron, however the main problem is not
    being able to take it apart.. I take out all the screws etc. but then there
    seems to be one place where it appears to be impossible.. any ideas on
    this? thanks, fliss

    barbibiz, Jul 13, 2004
  7. barbibiz

    jim Guest

    Sorry, I missed the early part of your posting. What model is it again?

    On some models, there are one or two screws under the covers of either the
    memory or the hdd. Which area is it that seems to be giving you problems?

    jim, Jul 13, 2004
  8. barbibiz

    barbibiz Guest

    It is an aspire 1300 series model no ET25.. the problem corner is the one
    where the phone line is and the lan line is ( that is on the side)
    any help..
    thanks fliss

    barbibiz, Jul 13, 2004
  9. barbibiz

    jim Guest

    Okay, I take it you have removed the 3 screws from the rear and about 20
    screws from the bottom. Don't forget to remove the HDD, battery CD drive and
    memory cover as (I think) there are some screws under those parts. Once you
    remove those, the LCD should come off but beware as the LCD cable will still
    be connected. You also need to remove the Lauch Keys panel and there should
    (I think) be some screws under there. Once you remove the LCD panel, there
    should be 3 screws or something under where the LCD sits, remove those and
    the whole case should come off.

    Its been about 6 months since I worked on one so, trying to remember where
    all the screws are.

    jim, Jul 13, 2004