TC1000 Pen not working

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by hokigoujons@googlemail.com, Mar 14, 2008.

  1. Guest

    I've just been given a Compaq TC1000 running XP Tablet edition (SP2),
    and there's no sign of life at all from the pen. It works in the BIOS
    screen but once it gets to Windows it's dead.

    The TC1000 was installed from scratch with Tablet Edition and the pen
    hasn't worked since - it used to work before this, when it had factory
    settings. I've installed all the drivers from Compaq including
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...&prodNameId=307010&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=3
    and there are entries in device manager for:

    Compaq Tablet PC Key Buttons
    Finepoint Innovations Serial HID Tablet
    HID-Compliant Consumer Control Device

    I've noticed that in the folder that the Compaq download unzips to
    there's an app called FpHidCal.exe and when I try to run this I get
    'Calibration Utility Could Not Connect to HID Digitizer Service. Make
    sure service is running'. I can't see any service with this name in
    the Windows services list, although there is an 'HID Input Service'.

    Does anyone have any idea how I can get this going? Everything works
    great except the pen, which is obviously kinda important on a tablet.

    Thanks

    , Mar 14, 2008