Telephone modules - IP telephone, ISDN, PBX

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by David Brown, Jun 9, 2011.

  1. David Brown

    David Brown Guest

    We are looking for ready-made telephone modules that can connect to an
    ISDN or IP-telephone PBX. They should have some sort of control
    interface (typically UART) for dialing, hang-up, ring, etc., and
    analogue audio in and out.

    /Long/ ago, I used an analogue modem module like this. I also had an
    ISDN modem module, but it didn't support audio in and out - it was only
    for data. And of course they are now out of production anyway.

    Ideally we would like one supplier that can provide both kinds of
    modules, so that we can easily swap them out depending on which version
    the end-user needs. But at the moment, we are interested anything we
    can find.

    Our customer has a very short schedule here, so we want to find
    something ready-made - and I'd like to avoid learning about IP telephony
    if I can!

    mvh.,

    David

    David Brown, Jun 9, 2011

  2. In article <>,
    says...

    > We are looking for ready-made telephone modules that can connect to an
    > ISDN or IP-telephone PBX. They should have some sort of control
    > interface (typically UART) for dialing, hang-up, ring, etc., and
    > analogue audio in and out.
    >
    > /Long/ ago, I used an analogue modem module like this. I also had an
    > ISDN modem module, but it didn't support audio in and out - it was only
    > for data. And of course they are now out of production anyway.
    >
    > Ideally we would like one supplier that can provide both kinds of
    > modules, so that we can easily swap them out depending on which version
    > the end-user needs. But at the moment, we are interested anything we
    > can find.
    >
    > Our customer has a very short schedule here, so we want to find
    > something ready-made - and I'd like to avoid learning about IP telephony
    > if I can!
    >
    > mvh.,
    >
    > David

    There are numerous products that connect analog PSTN type telephones to
    ISDN lines. Typical products allow two analog phones to connect to one
    BRI connection. Some of these are easily configured using DTMF commands
    that would normally come from the attached phone. You could provide
    support for that using an older style modem to synthesize DTMF signaling
    onto the
    a22222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222
    222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222
    22222222
    nalog phone pair. You could use the attached phone set to do the
    conversion from the 2-wire to 4-wire analog by interfacing at the
    handset jack.

    --

    Michael Karas
    Carousel Design Solutions