Temperature Monitoring

Discussion in 'Dell' started by S W, Oct 15, 2005.

  1. S W

    S W Guest

    Hi,

    Is there any Dell software available to monitor CPU temp of a Poweredge
    2600? Ideally I want something that will spark off a program or send an
    email if the temp goes above a certain limit.

    Thanks,

    SW

    1. Advertising

  2. louise

    louise Guest

    S W wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there any Dell software available to monitor CPU temp of a Poweredge
    > 2600? Ideally I want something that will spark off a program or send an
    > email if the temp goes above a certain limit.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > SW

    as far as I know Dell quite actively prevents any
    temperature readings of the CPU. Programs such as Everest
    Home or Motherboard Monitor, which can read the CPU temp on
    other machines such as all Asus boards, can not read it on
    Dells.

    Louise

    1. Advertising

  3. Tom Scales

    Tom Scales Guest

    "louise" <> wrote in message
    >S W wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Is there any Dell software available to monitor CPU temp of a Poweredge
    >> 2600? Ideally I want something that will spark off a program or send an
    >> email if the temp goes above a certain limit.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> SW

    > as far as I know Dell quite actively prevents any temperature readings of
    > the CPU. Programs such as Everest Home or Motherboard Monitor, which can
    > read the CPU temp on other machines such as all Asus boards, can not read
    > it on Dells.
    >
    > Louise

    Louise,

    I know Dimensions don't support it, but you have experience that the
    Poweredge servers don't either? That surprises me.

  4. S W

    S W Guest

    >>as far as I know Dell quite actively prevents any temperature readings of
    >>the CPU. Programs such as Everest Home or Motherboard Monitor, which can
    >>read the CPU temp on other machines such as all Asus boards, can not read
    >>it on Dells.
    >>
    >>Louise

    > Louise,
    >
    > I know Dimensions don't support it, but you have experience that the
    > Poweredge servers don't either? That surprises me.

    I'm a bit reluctant to install a 3rd party product without contacting
    Dell support. I'll do that. I thought it may be worth asking the
    question here, though, so thanks for the contribution.

    SW

  5. Rich

    Rich Guest

    On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:14:25 GMT, "Tom Scales" <>
    wrote:

    >"louise" <> wrote in message
    >>S W wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Is there any Dell software available to monitor CPU temp of a Poweredge
    >>> 2600? Ideally I want something that will spark off a program or send an
    >>> email if the temp goes above a certain limit.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> SW

    >> as far as I know Dell quite actively prevents any temperature readings of
    >> the CPU. Programs such as Everest Home or Motherboard Monitor, which can
    >> read the CPU temp on other machines such as all Asus boards, can not read
    >> it on Dells.
    >>
    >> Louise

    >Louise,
    >
    >I know Dimensions don't support it, but you have experience that the
    >Poweredge servers don't either? That surprises me.

    speedfan monitors the temps quite nicely in my dell d810.
    http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

    73,
    rich, n9dko

  6. louise

    louise Guest

    Tom Scales wrote:
    > "louise" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>S W wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>Is there any Dell software available to monitor CPU temp of a Poweredge
    >>>2600? Ideally I want something that will spark off a program or send an
    >>>email if the temp goes above a certain limit.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>
    >>>SW

    >>as far as I know Dell quite actively prevents any temperature readings of
    >>the CPU. Programs such as Everest Home or Motherboard Monitor, which can
    >>read the CPU temp on other machines such as all Asus boards, can not read
    >>it on Dells.
    >>
    >>Louise

    > Louise,
    >
    > I know Dimensions don't support it, but you have experience that the
    > Poweredge servers don't either? That surprises me.

    no, I don't know about the PowerEdge servers. I was
    referring only to the dimensions that I didn't really think
    to spell that out.

    Louise