Temps on EP45-UD3

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Gorby, May 15, 2009.

  1. Gorby

    Gorby Guest

    I have an EP45-UD3 (not overclocked - yet) BIOS f8
    CPU: E8400 with cooler Thermaltake BigTyp 120VX
    RAM: 4 x 1 Gig sticks of Corsair DDR2 - XMS DHX 6400 @ 4-4-4-12
    GPU: aTI HD4870
    2 x 320 Gig SATA Maxtor HDDs
    running Vista 32 SP1 (dual booting Linux).
    My Case is an iCute with a huge (and quiet) 22 cm side fan and 90 mm
    front fan blowing over the HDDs.

    With ambient air temp of 22C the CPU (at idle) is running 27C, but
    "Current System Temperature" is 52C.

    This seems to be a bit high! This board does not have heat pipes on its
    NB, but a passive aluminium heatsink. I'm getting this temp reading from
    the BIOS setup. I'm assuming the heat sensor is under the NB heatsink.

    Should I get an aftermarket cooler for the North Bridge? If so, it would
    have to fit around the Thermaltake CPU cooler.

    Once I have it a bit cooler I want to begin overclocking in earnest.

    cheer
    Gorby

    Gorby, May 15, 2009