    Thanks for your time in advance.

    Cheers!!
    -Dk

    dk, Feb 5, 2008

  2. dk

    Dave Guest

    On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 05:39:54 -0000, dk <> wrote:

    > Hello experts,
    >
    > I have few questions with regard to TESSY tool for unit and
    > integration testing. I have gone throgh HITEX website but i couldn't
    > get information to following questions:
    >
    > 1. Can TESSY working on a TARGET will give you the information about
    > MEMORY LEAKAGE?
    > 2. Can TESSY be used to test RTOS? i.e. can it give me the information
    > about DEAD LOCKING? SYNCHRONIZATION ISSUES and all that?
    >
    > Looking for forward to your quick replies?
    >
    > Thanks for your time in advance.
    >
    > Cheers!!
    > -Dk

    Hi Dk,

    I thought a real expert may have answered this but in their absence at the
    moment I'll throw in my thoughts.

    Firstly if you have a legal paid for and supported copy of TESSY then
    contact Hitex directly and they will help you.

    I think on both your points TESSY doesn't test these items, you seem to
    want something that tells you that your application works OK. I believe
    TESSY only operates at the function level by giving it all the function
    inputs and outputs and defining the expected outputs. TESSY then
    automates the actual testing by running all the vectors for you.
    Therefore you can go and do something else and regression testing is much
    more efficient.

    It relies very much on you having good functional requirements, in
    principle you should give the functional requirements to both your
    software engineer and your test engineer. They work in parallel, one
    writing the software and the other writing the test vectors and then they
    come together to perform the test with TESSY. Of course you will get 100%
    pass because we all work in this manner all the time so it's second nature
    to us all and TESSY just confirms everything is OK. ;-)

    Dave.

    Dave, Feb 5, 2008

  3. dk

    Ignacio G.T. Guest

    dk escribió:
    > Hello experts,
    >
    > 1. Can TESSY working on a TARGET will give you the information about
    > MEMORY LEAKAGE?

    No.

    Ignacio G.T., Feb 5, 2008