    document.defaultView.getComputedStyle?

    regards
    Farrukh

    impakistan, Jun 30, 2006

  2. impakistan

    Brian Hughes Guest

    In article <>,
    "impakistan" <> wrote:

    > Hello, i have made a script that i want to test on safari browser. it
    > works perfectly in Firefox and IE.
    >
    > the purpose it does is:
    >
    > looks for all tags with certain class and set height of all those
    > elements equal to member with largest height.
    >
    > so after clicking the make equal height, all rectangles should be of
    > equal length.
    >
    > can yo confirm that safari support
    > document.defaultView.getComputedStyle?

    I can confirm that Safari v2.0.4 supports
    document.defaultView.getComputedStyle, how well I don't know.

    It's pretty easy and recommended that you include javascript that tests
    for the availability of functions by testing for them.

    In this case, a simple test like this:

    if ( document.defaultView.getComputedStyle )
    {
    alert( 'document.defaultView.getComputedStyle found' )
    }
    else
    {
    alert( 'document.defaultView.getComputedStyle not found' )
    }

    would have shown you that it exists. If it didn't you could use the
    'else' section to process something different, perhaps for browsers that
    don't support that.

    --
    Brian Hughes
    usenet at hughesvideo dot com

    Brian Hughes, Jul 1, 2006

  3. impakistan

    Kiran Guest

    impakistan <> wrote:

    > so after clicking the make equal height, all rectangles should be of
    > equal length.

    Works for me on Satari, Camino, Opera (all most recent versions),
    even Shiira you may never have heard of. :)

    Kiran, Jul 1, 2006