    Roger Williams, Institute of Geological & Nuclear Sciences, New Zealand
    R.Williams
    @gns.cri.nz : DEC 3000/300 AXP - OpenVMS v6.2
    Roger Williams, Sep 19, 2003

  2. Roger Williams

    Scott Howard Guest

    Roger Williams <> wrote:
    > I've just seen the picture of the Blade 1500 at
    >
    > http://www.sun.com/desktop/sunblade1500/
    >
    > and my first impression is "Ughh". Does it look better in actuality?

    Thanksfully, yes! (Or at least I think it does). I had to look twice
    when I first saw it, but it does actually look quite good.

    Scott.
    Scott Howard, Sep 19, 2003

  3. Roger Williams

    Griff Miller Guest

    Roger Williams wrote:

    > I've just seen the picture of the Blade 1500 at
    >
    > http://www.sun.com/desktop/sunblade1500/
    >
    > and my first impression is "Ughh". Does it look better in actuality?

    I just looked. Actually, that's pretty cool, IMO.

    > (I really liked the Sparc 10/20 pizza cases...)

    Me, too. Very compact. But not cool (in the thermal sense).

    --
    Griff Miller II | |
    Manager of Information Technology | "This space has been blankly |
    Griff Miller, Sep 19, 2003
  4. Roger Williams

    Rich Teer Guest

    On 19 Sep 2003, Scott Howard wrote:

    > Thanksfully, yes! (Or at least I think it does). I had to look twice
    > when I first saw it, but it does actually look quite good.

    Does the Sun logo glow, like the SB [12]000? Now THAT
    was cool. I do echo the "ugly" sentiments, though. I'm
    surprised Sun didn't stick the new machines into the
    SB 2000 case (to reduce costs due to increased volume).

    I wouldn't mind seeing one in the flesh, though.

    --
    Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA

    President,
    Rite Online Inc.

    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638
  5. Roger Williams

    Chris Morgan Guest

    Rich Teer <> writes:

    > Does the Sun logo glow, like the SB [12]000? Now THAT
    > was cool. I do echo the "ugly" sentiments, though. I'm
    > surprised Sun didn't stick the new machines into the
    > SB 2000 case (to reduce costs due to increased volume).

    I think you would understand why not if you had an Ultra 80, or Blade
    1000/2000, The case is a monster and built like a tank. It's possibly
    just too damn expensive for a $3k machine.

    Actually, I'm lying, it's terrible, so please everyone don't keep
    buying these things for so much money on ebay, and let me get one of
    my own for home for peanuts :)

    Chris
    --
    Chris Morgan
    "Post posting of policy changes by the boss will result in

    - anonymous correspondent
    Chris Morgan, Sep 19, 2003