The Ultimate Hardware Database

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Lord Nikon, Mar 30, 2006.

  1. Lord Nikon

    Lord Nikon Guest

    Ever needed support setting up that wireless network in FreeBSD? Ever
    wished there was a place that gives support specifically for your graphics
    card? Well, in development is the ultimate database for hardware support,
    providing you with the HOWTO's, step-by-step setup guides, help with
    configuration, and the support you need. Ranging in all different hardware
    types from digital cameras all the way to webcams, on all different
    operating systems, such as Windows, Linux, and FreeBSD. Users are able to
    submit their own guides to help people who have been having specific
    problems with that hardware type.
    While there are forums, support sites, newsgroups etc and most of it can be
    found via a little Googling, how long does it usually take, if it's
    uncommon/new hardware, on say, BSD, you may get clues in which direction to
    go, but then it could still take hours.

    How much easier would it be if you could get the info in a few clicks?

    Sure, there already is sites like this, but they all require subscriptions.

    Now, my question to you is this;

    How many of you would be interested in using a service like this? Would any
    of you ever submit your own guides?

    Before I go through the motions I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on an
    idea like this.

    Thanks for your time.
    Lord Nikon, Mar 30, 2006