They Hate Every Board

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by jackiesue@gmail.com, Mar 28, 2010.

  1. Guest

    I want to build an inexpensive system and have been looking at the
    MA785GM. When you go online to someone like NewEgg, you invariably see
    all the people that hate the board. This is true for every motherboard
    under $100 from any manufacturer.

    It is making me crazy. Any recommendations for a low cost board for
    AMD processors?
     
    , Mar 28, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Not for an AMD processor. But for an Intel processor, I have used a
    number of ECS G31T-M boards (discontinued), and they are very good (use
    them with a "Pentium Dual Core" CPU; I like the E6300 because it has
    hardware virtualization).

    [The Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L is a very similar board, sometimes available
    for as little as $50.]

    Many (probably most) of the people who buy motherboards do not know what
    they are doing. The problems are often theirs, not that of the motherboard.


    wrote:
    > I want to build an inexpensive system and have been looking at the
    > MA785GM. When you go online to someone like NewEgg, you invariably see
    > all the people that hate the board. This is true for every motherboard
    > under $100 from any manufacturer.
    >
    > It is making me crazy. Any recommendations for a low cost board for
    > AMD processors?
     
    Barry Watzman, Mar 28, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Guest

    I guess the word Hyperbole is not in your lexicon.

    I was just a little surprised that so many people who have (my
    assumption) the technical know-how to build a system, would find
    problems with the board.

    If even 100 out of every particular model of a car turned out to be a
    lemon, it would make front page news.

    But, your point is well taken and I am going to buy the board. I
    should not have a problem with it. It will either work or not, in
    which case I will send it back.

    On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 14:43:01 -0700, Steve <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> I want to build an inexpensive system and have been looking at the
    >> MA785GM. When you go online to someone like NewEgg, you invariably see
    >> all the people that hate the board.

    >
    >That's a lie.
    >
    >> This is true for every motherboard
    >> under $100 from any manufacturer.

    >
    >That is also a lie.
    >
    >>
    >> It is making me crazy.

    >
    >It appears that Newegg has nothing to do with that process.
    >
    >> Any recommendations for a low cost board for
    >> AMD processors?

    >
    >429 reviews out of 633 gave the motherboard you mention 5 stars. What's
    >your problem with it?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >s
     
    , Mar 29, 2010
    #3
  4. Re: "I was just a little surprised that so many people who have (my
    assumption) the technical know-how to build a system,"

    I think your assumption is dead wrong. AT LEAST half the people who buy
    motherboards don't have the foggiest idea what they are really doing
    (not withstanding that they may think that they do).


    wrote:
    > I guess the word Hyperbole is not in your lexicon.
    >
    > I was just a little surprised that so many people who have (my
    > assumption) the technical know-how to build a system, would find
    > problems with the board.
    >
    > If even 100 out of every particular model of a car turned out to be a
    > lemon, it would make front page news.
    >
    > But, your point is well taken and I am going to buy the board. I
    > should not have a problem with it. It will either work or not, in
    > which case I will send it back.
    >
    > On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 14:43:01 -0700, Steve <> wrote:
    >
    >> In article <>,
    >> says...
    >>> I want to build an inexpensive system and have been looking at the
    >>> MA785GM. When you go online to someone like NewEgg, you invariably see
    >>> all the people that hate the board.

    >> That's a lie.
    >>
    >>> This is true for every motherboard
    >>> under $100 from any manufacturer.

    >> That is also a lie.
    >>
    >>> It is making me crazy.

    >> It appears that Newegg has nothing to do with that process.
    >>
    >>> Any recommendations for a low cost board for
    >>> AMD processors?

    >> 429 reviews out of 633 gave the motherboard you mention 5 stars. What's
    >> your problem with it?
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> s
     
    Barry Watzman, Mar 30, 2010
    #4
  5. MicroCenter has a deal, get a Gigabyte GA-MA78LM-S2H motherboard FREE
    when you buy any of 4 processors (they are offering one Athlon and 3
    Phenom) that fit this board. The processors are $99.95 each except for
    the Phenom II X4 965, which is $179. Not sure if this is "in store
    only" or available by mail order.


    wrote:
    > I want to build an inexpensive system and have been looking at the
    > MA785GM. When you go online to someone like NewEgg, you invariably see
    > all the people that hate the board. This is true for every motherboard
    > under $100 from any manufacturer.
    >
    > It is making me crazy. Any recommendations for a low cost board for
    > AMD processors?
     
    Barry Watzman, Mar 30, 2010
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Mark
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    320
  2. Beavoid
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    300
    Beavoid
    Nov 23, 2005
  3. Phil
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    427
  4. Darren Yatadooet
    Replies:
    28
    Views:
    798
    Ogden Johnson III
    Apr 20, 2004
  5. The Translucent Amoebae

    Gawd! i hate computers...( Key Board )

    The Translucent Amoebae, May 22, 2008, in forum: Apple
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    199
    The Translucent Amoebae
    May 27, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page