    ultraslim hard drive adaptor as well and get some more disk space.

    Any other way to do things with a X41 tablet?

    Thanks!
    Michael Perry, Aug 30, 2008

  2. On 2008-08-30, Juan I Cahis <> wrote:
    > Dear Michael and friends:
    >
    > Michael Perry <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello all-
    >>
    >>I'm interested in finding a few accessories for my newly acquired
    >>thinkpad X41 tablet PC. Perhaps the first thing is a larger hard drive.
    >>I've seen drives going up to 80g for this laptop on Lenovo's website but
    >>the price is rather high. Are there any other alternatives for an
    >>internal hard drive that may get up to 120g? I know I could use the
    >>ultraslim hard drive adaptor as well and get some more disk space.
    >>
    >>Any other way to do things with a X41 tablet?
    >>
    >>Thanks!

    > The X41 Tablet has an IBM proprietary 1.8" hard drive, and to my
    > knowledge, nobody manufactures it more. There are other kind of 1.8"
    > hard drives in the market which are popular (like iPod's), but they
    > are of a different form factor and they don't fit in the X41 Tablet.
    >
    > In my opinion, it is unfair that Lenovo/IBM didn't advertised this
    > issue when selling this notebook. If I had known this characteristic,
    > I never would have bought it.
    >

    > Thanks
    > Juan I. Cahis
    > Santiago de Chile (South America)
    > Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!

    Hi Juan-

    Thanks for the news on the X41. I've decided to just live with the
    limitation in drive sizes for the X41. I actually found a 120g drive which
    may work at pellsystems but at this point I'm really unsure if it will fit.

    I did order a memory upgrade also. Its kinda discouraging not to be able to
    find hard drives for the tablet.
    Michael Perry, Sep 1, 2008