ThinkVantage System Update is Back

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by Anthony R. Gold, Jun 1, 2009.

  1. Bowing to customer pressure, System Update is back and working again.

    Tony
    Anthony R. Gold, Jun 1, 2009

  2. Anthony R. Gold

    Bert Hyman Guest

    Bert Hyman, Jun 1, 2009

  3. Anthony R. Gold

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Anthony R. Gold wrote:
    > Bowing to customer pressure, System Update is back and working again.

    Those indignant emails I sent telling them that without TVSU I'd move to
    Apple must have worked.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jun 1, 2009
  4. Anthony R. Gold

    John Doue Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs Anthony R. Gold wrote:
    >> Bowing to customer pressure, System Update is back and working again.

    > Those indignant emails I sent telling them that without TVSU I'd move to
    > Apple must have worked.

    I love your sense of humor. At least, they probably did not hurt ...:)

    --
    John Doue
    John Doue, Jun 1, 2009
  5. Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras, Jun 1, 2009
  6. Anthony R. Gold

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs John Doue wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Anthony R. Gold wrote:
    >>> Bowing to customer pressure, System Update is back and working
    >>> again.

    >> Those indignant emails I sent telling them that without TVSU I'd
    >> move to Apple must have worked.

    > I love your sense of humor. At least, they probably did not hurt
    > ...:)

    Heh! That's what I figured. I've read elsewhere that the only thing in the
    same ballpark as TVSU is Apple's update system. T'was an empty threat
    though, I can't afford to swap all my hardware.

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jun 2, 2009
  7. Anthony R. Gold

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs News wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Anthony R. Gold wrote:
    >>> Bowing to customer pressure, System Update is back and working
    >>> again.

    >> Those indignant emails I sent telling them that without TVSU I'd
    >> move to Apple must have worked.

    > How's that iToy workin' out for ya?

    LOL, I haven't owned anything Apple yet and don't foresee it happening any
    time soon.

    Apparently Apple's update system is on a par with TVSU; Easy as pie.

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jun 2, 2009
  8. "Anthony R. Gold" <> wrote in message
    > Bowing to customer pressure, System Update is back and working again.
    >
    > Tony

    Wonderful! Thank you for passing this good news on.

    "She said it was either her or the ham radio. Over."
    (Reply-To address may be anti-spammed.)
    Tom Rutherford, Jun 3, 2009
  9. Anthony R. Gold

    T.C. Guest

    On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 18:14:21 +0200, "Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras"
    <> wrote:

    > News <> wrote:
    >
    > >How's that iToy workin' out for ya?

    > An error occured while gathering user information. This means, it does
    > not work :(

    TVSU AND the Thin Installer Client both had exactly this kind of
    problem under Vista with SP2 (on my TP61 TVSU worked nicely as before
    on the main XP Pro SP3 partition while at the same time throwing the
    same error message on my secondary Vista Ultimate SP2 partition) - the
    Lenovo developers were aware of the problem by now there's a patch
    available for TVSU under Vista SP2:
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-72758
    ....or in other words: for me it's working again...

    ....I'm not sure though if Lenovo has any plans for the Thin Installer
    yet, on the other hand I have no idea about how many admins actually
    use the Thin Installer in combination with a repository...

    T.C.
    T.C., Jun 12, 2009
  10. Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras, Jun 13, 2009