THIS DEFIES BELIEF !

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by Robert E. Watts, Sep 19, 2006.

  1. Robert E. Watts, Sep 19, 2006

  2. Robert E. Watts

    Elector Guest

    "Robert E. Watts" <> wrote in message
    news:d1f6c$4510704a$4831609c$...
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...40029596261&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1
    >
    > Words fail me.
    >
    > Maybe someone can explain this.
    >
    > ( Unless it's a hoax...... )
    >
    > --
    > boBWatts®©
    > EartH
    > Watts Carburetion Service
    > Whizzbang Computers
    > Official collector of: transfat asian plastic junk trinkets !

    Ha ha that would have been the original price of the Old Packard Bell (I had
    the legend 60 Supreme from Sears for around the same price when it was sold
    new)

    Hey the power of Ebay and prayer!

    Elector

    Elector, Sep 20, 2006

  3. Hello Elector!

    "Elector" <> wrote in message

    > Ha ha that would have been the original price of the Old Packard Bell (I
    > had the legend 60 Supreme from Sears for around the same price when it was
    > sold new)
    >
    > Hey the power of Ebay and prayer!

    Well.........yeah....... but it still seems silly. Or a joke. Or a hoax. But
    even that doesn't make any sense. The seller has to pay ePay a percentage.

    Since you mentioned an Original Packard Bell Supreme, maybe you know where I
    can find a few things:

    Packard Bell Corner Computer
    Packard Bell 60/66MHz Tower computer ( Only. I have two desktop cases)
    ( Socket 4 motherboard of course. )
    Packard Bell 486 Tower computer ( the newer case, not that old stuff )
    Late model Packard Bell Socket 7 board with 512k L2 cache, and voltage reg
    for MMX CPU. ( I already have a couple of 256K L2 boards, and of course
    lots that have no L2. Silly )

    I have over 10 Packard Bell computers in my collection (so far), and am
    missing these units.

    Thanks !

    Robert E. Watts, Sep 20, 2006
  4. Robert E. Watts

    Ben Myers Guest

    Ben Myers, Sep 20, 2006
  5. Robert E. Watts

    > Hello Elector!
    >
    > "Elector" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Ha ha that would have been the original price of the Old Packard
    >> Bell (I had the legend 60 Supreme from Sears for around the same
    >> price when it was sold new)
    >>
    >> Hey the power of Ebay and prayer!

    > Well.........yeah....... but it still seems silly. Or a joke. Or a
    > hoax. But even that doesn't make any sense. The seller has to pay
    > ePay a percentage.
    >
    > Since you mentioned an Original Packard Bell Supreme, maybe you know
    > where I can find a few things:
    >
    > Packard Bell Corner Computer
    > Packard Bell 60/66MHz Tower computer ( Only. I have two desktop
    > cases)
    > ( Socket 4 motherboard of course. )
    > Packard Bell 486 Tower computer ( the newer case, not that old
    > stuff )
    > Late model Packard Bell Socket 7 board with 512k L2 cache, and
    > voltage reg for MMX CPU. ( I already have a couple of 256K L2
    > boards, and of course lots that have no L2. Silly )
    >
    > I have over 10 Packard Bell computers in my collection (so far), and
    > am missing these units.
    >
    > Thanks !
    >

    > --
    > boBWatts®©
    > EartH
    > Watts Carburetion Service
    > Whizzbang Computers
    > Official collector of: transfat asian plastic junk trinkets !

    My only dealing with PB computers has been that model. However in
    myYahoo Groups I have files and photos and links for assistance with
    PB computers "Official Packardbell Users" is the name of the group.
    Many of the regulars of this newsgroup belong to it, and not the kook
    of the newsgroup news:alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell who tried to
    disrupt the group many many months ago.

    Elector

    Elector, Sep 20, 2006
  6. "Robert E. Watts" <> wrote in message
    > Hello Elector!
    >
    > "Elector" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Ha ha that would have been the original price of the Old Packard Bell (I
    >> had the legend 60 Supreme from Sears for around the same price when it
    >> was sold new)
    >>
    >> Hey the power of Ebay and prayer!

    > Well.........yeah....... but it still seems silly. Or a joke. Or a hoax.
    > But even that doesn't make any sense. The seller has to pay ePay a
    > percentage.
    >
    > Since you mentioned an Original Packard Bell Supreme, maybe you know where
    > I can find a few things:
    >
    > Packard Bell Corner Computer
    > Packard Bell 60/66MHz Tower computer ( Only. I have two desktop cases)
    > ( Socket 4 motherboard of course. )
    > Packard Bell 486 Tower computer ( the newer case, not that old stuff )
    > Late model Packard Bell Socket 7 board with 512k L2 cache, and voltage reg
    > for MMX CPU. ( I already have a couple of 256K L2 boards, and of course
    > lots that have no L2. Silly )
    >
    > I have over 10 Packard Bell computers in my collection (so far), and am
    > missing these units.
    >
    > Thanks !
    >

    > --
    > boBWatts®©
    > EartH
    > Watts Carburetion Service
    > Whizzbang Computers
    > Official collector of: transfat asian plastic junk trinkets !

    I may know where you can find the first one. My wife's cousin, Bill Oyler,
    down in Sierra Vista, AZ has one with some upgrading, bigger hard drive,
    etc. Running ME if I recall.

    Kevin Childers, Sep 21, 2006
  7. "Ben Myers" <> wrote in message
    > Somebody actually bid the $3100 for Buy It Now! In the words of PT
    > Barnum,
    > there's a sucker born every minute. Or maybe it is a hoax... Ben Myers
    >
    > On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 18:33:50 -0400, "Robert E. Watts" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...40029596261&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1
    >>
    >>Words fail me.
    >>
    >>Maybe someone can explain this.
    >>
    >>( Unless it's a hoax...... )

    Could be an investment, if your a true collector. Missed my chance for an
    original Apple back in the 80's. Never saw a computer with a wooden case
    before. Yard sale had it for $20.00, and it was running.

    Kevin Childers, Sep 21, 2006
  8. Hi Kevin !

    ( message below )

    "Kevin Childers" <> wrote in message news:EMxQg.1>>

    > Packard Bell Corner Computer
    > Packard Bell 60/66MHz Tower computer ( Only. I have two desktop cases)
    > ( Socket 4 motherboard of course. )
    > Packard Bell 486 Tower computer ( the newer case, not that old stuff )
    > Late model Packard Bell Socket 7 board with 512k L2 cache, and voltage reg
    > for MMX CPU. ( I already have a couple of 256K L2 boards, and of course
    > lots that have no L2. Silly

    > I may know where you can find the first one. My wife's cousin, Bill
    > Oyler, down in Sierra Vista, AZ has one with some upgrading, bigger hard
    > drive, etc. Running ME if I recall.

    Great ! You can send me an email at:

    <bobwatts<>at<fuse>dot>net>

    ( I'm betting you know what to do! )

    Thank you!

    Robert E. Watts, Sep 21, 2006
  9. Robert E. Watts

    Paul Ryan Guest

    Robert E. Watts wrote:
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...40029596261&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1
    >
    > Words fail me.
    >
    > Maybe someone can explain this.
    >
    > ( Unless it's a hoax...... )

    I wonder if that's for real? How the hell can it fetch that much?

    --
    Paul

    - Yeovilnet - My web site: http://ppotter.is-a-geek.net/

    - Mansfield Goths and Alternatives:
    - The Alternative Guide to Mansfield:

    Paul Ryan, Oct 9, 2006
  10. Robert E. Watts

    Paul Ryan Guest

    > Could be an investment, if your a true collector. Missed my chance for an
    > original Apple back in the 80's. Never saw a computer with a wooden case
    > before. Yard sale had it for $20.00, and it was running.

    Man, that would be worth a fortune now.

    Paul Ryan, Oct 9, 2006