    This group is dead. ATI is dead. Post ati video related
    questions at AMD group?

    Stop buying ATI branded video cards?

    Jone, May 8, 2007

  2. Jone

    GTD Guest

    Jone wrote:
    > This group is dead. ATI is dead. Post ati video related
    > questions at AMD group?
    >
    > Stop buying ATI branded video cards?

    Were those supposed to be questions or demands?

    ATI is not dead, they are still making video cards

    There are a few AMD newsgroups, none seem to be appropriate for video
    card questions. at least not by the group's name

    Will people stop buying ATI cards? Doubtful.

    GTD, May 8, 2007

  3. Jone

    Jone Guest

    On Mon, 07 May 2007 16:57:49 -0800, GTD <>
    wrote:

    >Jone wrote:
    >> This group is dead. ATI is dead. Post ati video related
    >> questions at AMD group?
    >>
    >> Stop buying ATI branded video cards?
    >>

    >Were those supposed to be questions or demands?
    >
    >ATI is not dead, they are still making video cards
    >
    >There are a few AMD newsgroups, none seem to be appropriate for video
    >card questions. at least not by the group's name
    >
    >Will people stop buying ATI cards? Doubtful.

    Just ranting. No one is helping me with my recording question
    with my TV wonder 650. If I don't get it resolved. I'll return
    it.

    I'm already disappointed to see that the Catalyst Media Center
    doesn't do many thing the old ATI Media Center can do. Such as
    the video quality is limited to a few levels. It only supports
    MPG. etc.

    Jone, May 8, 2007
  4. "Jone" <> wrote in message
    > Just ranting. No one is helping me with my recording question
    > with my TV wonder 650. If I don't get it resolved. I'll return
    > it.
    >
    > I'm already disappointed to see that the Catalyst Media Center
    > doesn't do many thing the old ATI Media Center can do. Such as
    > the video quality is limited to a few levels. It only supports
    > MPG. etc.

    http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=77340&page=45

    45 is the page number. Might be a good idea to go back ~10 pages and see if
    it answers your questions. avsforum.com has a thread.

    IIRC your problem was with analog. Don't have a 650 so have no clue about
    CMC. AFAIK the 650 can be used with WatchHDTV for digital. It's a great
    free(for now) program. Uses DVR-MS and can "capture" .TS. I use it with a
    HDTV Wonder. Everyone loves it.

    http://watchhdtv.net/default.aspx

    It has a thread on avsforum.com.

    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=590020&page=44&pp=30#post10482037

    Good Luck.

    Captain Midnight, May 8, 2007
  5. Jone

    LostSoul12 Guest

    I do not see why you think ati is dead ? If youre thinking direct x 10 an
    vista and nvidia having theres out allready ahead of ati. Then i ask is
    there really any direct x 10 games out to take advantage of direct x 10
    cards yet. The answer you will find is not yet . Then i ask then what is the
    rush to buy vista or directx 10 cards yet as vista also needs better driver
    compatibility via a update in service pack an maybe worth waiting it out for
    that also.As you can see im on the fence till i see which is better ati or
    nvidia based on actual direct x 10 game play reveiws and fps an visual
    quality . An actually as long as i can do over 30 frames a second constatly
    with no slow down an it looks jaw dropping graphics then im pleased. I'll
    wait like many others till then.

    LostSoul12, May 9, 2007
  6. On Mon, 07 May 2007 16:57:49 -0800, GTD <> wrote:

    >Will people stop buying ATI cards? Doubtful.

    Just got my new one.
    --

    Julian Richards

    www.richardsuk.f9.co.uk
    Website of "Robot Wars" middleweight "Broadsword IV"

    Julian Richards, May 9, 2007
  7. "LostSoul12" <> wrote in message
    > I do not see why you think ati is dead ? If youre thinking direct x 10 an
    > vista and nvidia having theres out allready ahead of ati. Then i ask is
    > there really any direct x 10 games out to take advantage of direct x 10
    > cards yet. The answer you will find is not yet . Then i ask then what is

    the
    > rush to buy vista or directx 10 cards yet as vista also needs better

    driver
    > compatibility via a update in service pack an maybe worth waiting it out

    for
    > that also.As you can see im on the fence till i see which is better ati or
    > nvidia based on actual direct x 10 game play reveiws and fps an visual
    > quality . An actually as long as i can do over 30 frames a second

    constatly
    > with no slow down an it looks jaw dropping graphics then im pleased. I'll
    > wait like many others till then.
    > "Captain Midnight" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Jone" <> wrote in message
    > >> Just ranting. No one is helping me with my recording question
    > >> with my TV wonder 650. If I don't get it resolved. I'll return
    > >> it.
    > >>
    > >> I'm already disappointed to see that the Catalyst Media Center
    > >> doesn't do many thing the old ATI Media Center can do. Such as
    > >> the video quality is limited to a few levels. It only supports
    > >> MPG. etc.
    > >>

    > > http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=77340&page=45
    > >
    > > 45 is the page number. Might be a good idea to go back ~10 pages and see
    > > if
    > > it answers your questions. avsforum.com has a thread.
    > >
    > > IIRC your problem was with analog. Don't have a 650 so have no clue

    about
    > > CMC. AFAIK the 650 can be used with WatchHDTV for digital. It's a great
    > > free(for now) program. Uses DVR-MS and can "capture" .TS. I use it with

    > > HDTV Wonder. Everyone loves it.
    > >
    > > http://watchhdtv.net/default.aspx
    > >
    > > It has a thread on avsforum.com.

    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=590020&page=44&pp=30#post10482037

    > > Good Luck.

    You should have replied to the OP or at least removed my response. Your post
    has nothing to do with mine.

    Captain Midnight, May 9, 2007
  8. Jone

    fan boy Guest

    On Wed, 9 May 2007 05:54:34 -0400, "LostSoul12"
    <> wrote:

    >I do not see why you think ati is dead ?

    Because AMD bought them out and AMD is going down the drain big
    time.

    fan boy, May 10, 2007
  9. Jone

    LostSoul12 Guest