Thoughts about the 755-A2?

Discussion in 'ECS' started by Carl C. Jackson, Oct 25, 2005.

  1. I have a socket 754 Athlon 64 3400+ (Clawhammer) CPU waiting for a new home.
    Does anyone have any thoughts about the 755-A2 motherboard?

    --

    =========
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in

    1. Advertising

  2. tcsenter

    tcsenter Guest

    Great value board. The SIS 755 chipset holds its own against chipsets
    positioned towards performance/enthusiast segment.

    See Anandtech's review here:

    http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=1952

    Remember to grab the latest BIOS.

    1. Advertising

  3. Bondo

    Bondo Guest

    "Carl C. Jackson" wrote:
    >I have a socket 754 Athlon 64 3400+ (Clawhammer) CPU waiting for a

    new
    >home.
    >Does anyone have any thoughts about the 755-A2 motherboard?

    Its the same has the pcchips m870 cheap reliable junk. Has a matter of
    fact many sytem tweekers I run say its a ecs mobo 2 in the same . It
    has mild overclocking capabilities , stable , good extra’s like 64 bit
    support sata ect............... not a knock down gammer but it will
    hold its own
    ps my kids plays HL2 ,CS sourse and the FEAR demo pretty smooth.
    I hope that helps

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Thoughts-755-A2-ftopict64092.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=323149

  4. Paul C

    Paul C Guest

    In Australai my local shops x2 3800 fell from 550 to 516 bucks. Not
    the cheapest place though.