Thoughts on *PCI* Dual-DVI?

Discussion in 'Matrox' started by Chris Mitchell, Feb 11, 2004.

  1. Anyone have any advice for me on a good PCI Dual-DVI card? Matrox's
    web site lists some (MMS series), but I am concerned about only having
    32 meg on the card total..

    What I have now are 3 19" Viewsonic Flat Panels.. I want to add 2 more
    (programming workstation.. trust me, I really do use them) of the
    these monitors (VX900) for 5 total.. Rather than have to have 1 AGP
    and 4 PCI video cards (ugh), I was thinking about doing the left and
    right pairs each with a dual DVI card and then a single DVI card for
    the center ..

    What do you all think? Any recommendations?

    1. Advertising

  2. Eric Gisin

    Eric Gisin Guest

    16MB per monitor is more than enough for 21" monitors. My G450 with 16MB would
    do too.

    "Chris Mitchell" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone have any advice for me on a good PCI Dual-DVI card? Matrox's
    > web site lists some (MMS series), but I am concerned about only having
    > 32 meg on the card total..

    1. Advertising

  3. No discernable lag issues or anything when running at 1280x1024x32bpp
    you don't think?

    "Eric Gisin" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > 16MB per monitor is more than enough for 21" monitors. My G450 with 16MB would
    > do too.
    >
    > "Chris Mitchell" <> wrote in message
    > > Anyone have any advice for me on a good PCI Dual-DVI card? Matrox's
    > > web site lists some (MMS series), but I am concerned about only having
    > > 32 meg on the card total..

  4. Guest

    (Chris Mitchell) wrote:

    >No discernable lag issues or anything when running at 1280x1024x32bpp
    >you don't think?
    >
    >"Eric Gisin" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> 16MB per monitor is more than enough for 21" monitors. My G450 with 16MB would
    >> do too.
    >>
    >> "Chris Mitchell" <> wrote in message
    >> > Anyone have any advice for me on a good PCI Dual-DVI card? Matrox's
    >> > web site lists some (MMS series), but I am concerned about only having
    >> > 32 meg on the card total..

    I am running a pair of 21" IIyama at 1280x1024x32bpp on a G400 AGP with
    16MB Ram no problems at all. Speeds is great and identical in real terms to
    another system using a G400MAX with 32MB RAM.

    16mb a monitor is plenty for non games machines.

    Hope this helps

    Andy