Thunder K8QW (S4881)

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by Elijah Bass, Oct 26, 2006.

  1. Elijah Bass

    Elijah Bass Guest

    BIOS: v1.06

    512MB DDRAM PC2100

    Problem: Windows hang during initial setup, displaying "Setup is inspecting
    your computer's hardware configuration:", while trying to install Windows XP
    or Windows 2003 Enterprise

    Probably the problem is with BIOS settings, currently reset to default.

    Please advice.

    Thank you

    1. Advertising

  2. Bruce Burden

    Bruce Burden Guest

    Elijah Bass <> wrote:
    :
    : Problem: Windows hang during initial setup, displaying "Setup is inspecting
    : your computer's hardware configuration:", while trying to install Windows XP
    : or Windows 2003 Enterprise
    :
    Is your BIOS virus protection turned off?

    Bruce
    "I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX.
    - Thuganlitha
    The Power and the Prophet
    Robert Don Hughes

    1. Advertising

  3. Pangaea

    Pangaea Guest

    Which memory did you use? I should be from the Tyan approved list.
    Run Memtest86.

    Good luck.
    Elijah Bass wrote:
    > BIOS: v1.06
    >
    > 512MB DDRAM PC2100
    >
    > Problem: Windows hang during initial setup, displaying "Setup is inspecting
    > your computer's hardware configuration:", while trying to install Windows XP
    > or Windows 2003 Enterprise
    >
    > Probably the problem is with BIOS settings, currently reset to default.
    >
    > Please advice.
    >
    > Thank you

  4. Pangaea