    Does this mean my SATA onboard is dead?

    ....Terry.

    , Aug 17, 2006

  2. Pete T. Guest

    Do you have any SATA drives connected to the system? If you don't, well,
    enough said...

    Pete T., Aug 18, 2006

  3. Guest

    Yup... 4 drives connected. Same "N/A" even if disconnected or
    connected. Drives and RAID all working a few months ago...

    Pete T. wrote:
    > Do you have any SATA drives connected to the system? If you don't, well,
    > enough said...
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    > >I have had a system with this motherboard for quite a while, but a few
    > > months ago noticed that my SATA drives had disappeared.
    > >
    > > Probably happened either when I upgraded the BIOS or installed USB 2.0
    > > card, or both.
    > >
    > > I upgraded to latest BIOS again now.
    > >
    > > Still, the Advanced Options screen in BIOS says "Onboard Serial ATA -
    > > [N/A]".
    > >
    > > Does this mean my SATA onboard is dead?
    > >
    > > ...Terry.

    , Aug 18, 2006
  4. Pete T. Guest

    Try re-installing the SATA drivers, if you already have, I'd send an email
    to Tyan tech support. They are pretty good about helping out.

    Pete T., Aug 18, 2006
  5. vinci Guest

    On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 01:29:49 -0400, <> wrote:

    > I have had a system with this motherboard for quite a while, but a few
    > months ago noticed that my SATA drives had disappeared.

    Happened to me, too. You may need to re-install the drivers.

    I believe you have to insert the driver into the floppy when booting from
    the XP CD. As soon as the computer boots from the CD and the screen turns
    blue, quickly press F6 (to specify that you have an additional driver) and
    XP will tell you when to insert the floppy.

    If you already installed XP, boot the computer as if new install press F6
    to add the driver, and when you get to the Install or Reapair option in
    the installation process, press REPAIR and I believe that should take care
    of it.

    If you install Raid 0 (I wouldn't) you need the RAID driver which you
    install the same way as the other drivers when booting from the XP CD.

    --
    Rock on!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/whistlertime

    vinci, Dec 27, 2006