Thunderbird Email:

Discussion in 'AMD Thunderbird' started by David Johnson, Mar 15, 2005.

  1. Hello Everyone!

    I want to sign up "Thunderbird" email account like
    or com when if I can. I seek for free email
    account, if I can.

    Thanks.

    David Johnson

    1. Advertising

  2. MCheu

    MCheu Guest

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:41:23 GMT, "David Johnson"
    <> wrote:

    >Hello Everyone!
    >
    >I want to sign up "Thunderbird" email account like
    > or com when if I can. I seek for free email
    >account, if I can.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >David Johnson

    To obtain a thunderbird.net account, you'd need the co-operation of
    the thunderbird.net domain holder. Either the owner would have to
    give you an account on his server(s), or if that isn't happening, and
    the domain is available, you could register it and set up your own
    mail server. That will cost you about $30 (or less depending on ISP)
    to register the domain, and whatever it costs to set up the mail
    server. The cost for setting up your own email server depends on how
    you do it. If you use a free email server under linux, it would just
    cost you whatever you're paying for your ISP fees. You'd have to be
    online for the server to work, so when you're not, nobody's going to
    be able to email you. If you want a more permanent presence on the
    net, and you're using dialup or don't want to dedicate your own
    hardware, ISPs usually offer hosting solutions that let you set up an
    email server on their machines. The cost of this will vary from $30
    to [insert big number here] for corporate email hosting.

    Typically, all you can really change is the username part. There are
    a few companies that let you change the domain part. You're
    basically registering the domain and linking it to their servers.
    Registering a domain typically costs money, so don't count on being
    able to do this for free.

    The thunderbird.net domain is currently held by a cyber-squatter. To
    obtain a thunderbird.net account, you'd need the co-operation of the
    domain holder. That means there's pretty much *zero* chance of
    getting thunderbird.net email address, much less a free one, unless
    you can somehow convince the cybersquatter to set up an email account
    for you (goodluck).

    Your next question is probably whether you can get a thunderbird.com
    email. You'll need to get a job at a real estate broker in Santa
    Cruz, California, USA to get an account. To find out why, check out
    www.thunderbird.com.

    Before you continue down the list of domains, be aware that you can
    only get an email address from someone who's willing to give you one,
    or if you're willing to set up the infrastructure yourself (see the
    first paragraph, it's sort of mixed up in there).

    MCheu

    1. Advertising

  3. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:41:23 +0000, David Johnson wrote:

    > I want to sign up "Thunderbird" email account like
    > or com when if I can. I seek for free email
    > account, if I can.

    It's off topic. This group is for discussion of AMD Thunderbird core
    cpu's, but you are in luck. The domain of thunderbird.net is for sale. All
    you need is $8000.00 and then you can set up your own domain.:)

    http://www.seeq.com/popupwrapper.jsp?referrer=&domain=thunderbird.net

    Registrant:
    4200 Wisconsin Ave NW
    Washington, DC 20016-2143
    US

    Domain Name: THUNDERBIRD.NET

    Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
    RN, WebReg
    4200 Wisconsin Ave NW
    Washington, DC 20016-2143
    US