    Do I need to cut all the L11 bridges to be able to set a custom vcore?
    My CPU can go up to 943MHz with the default vcore, how much higher would
    1.775v let it go? Thankyou.

    Identity, Feb 15, 2004

  2. Identity

    ICee Guest

    http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/socketa/tbred_painting.html

    http://www.beachlink.com/candjac/index.htm

    ICee, Feb 15, 2004

  3. Identity

    Ed Guest

    Ed, Feb 15, 2004
  4. Identity

    ICee Guest

    ICee wrote:
    > Identity wrote:
    >> Hi. I want to change my Thunderbird's multiplier down to 7x and
    >> increase the FSB to 133 and above. I need to connect the L1 bridges
    >> to unlock right? And modify the L6 bridges to change the multiplier?
    >> Will pencil be conductive enough for these tasks? Does the pencil
    >> come off? Do I need to cut all the L11 bridges to be able to set a
    >> custom vcore? My CPU can go up to 943MHz with the default vcore, how
    >> much higher would
    >> 1.775v let it go? Thankyou.

    http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/socketa/tbred_painting.html

    Sorry, they updated it for the Tbred and Barton, and moved the Tbird one
    to here:
    http://www.ocinside.de/index_e.html

    ICee, Feb 15, 2004
  5. Identity

    ICee Guest

    ICee, Feb 15, 2004
  6. Identity

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 05:46:48 +1300, Identity wrote:

    > Hi. I want to change my Thunderbird's multiplier down to 7x and
    > increase the FSB to 133 and above. I need to connect the L1 bridges to
    > unlock right?

    Correct. That unlocks it so the MB can change the multiplier.

    > And modify the L6 bridges to change the multiplier?

    No. After closing L1's use MB jumpers/bios to change Multiplier.
    Alternately you could use the socket pin mod, or if you want a set
    multiplier, forget L1's and set a new default using the L3 and L4 bridges.

    > Will pencil be conductive enough for these tasks? Does the pencil come
    > off?

    The pencil will rub off and may loose contact. Using conductive paint
    works better.

    > Do I need to cut all the L11 bridges to be able to set a custom vcore?

    No. vcore adjustment is not locked.

    > My CPU can go up to 943MHz with the default vcore, how much higher would
    > 1.775v let it go? Thankyou.

    That will depend on many factors, one of which is which cpu you have now,
    and you didn't say. I got my 1000Mhz Tbird B up over 1400MHz using a 13
    multiplier and raisng fsb up from 100 to (I don't remember).:)

    Wes Newell, Feb 15, 2004
  7. Identity

    Identity Guest

    Wes Newell wrote:

    > On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 05:46:48 +1300, Identity wrote:
    >
    > > Hi. I want to change my Thunderbird's multiplier down to 7x and
    > > increase the FSB to 133 and above. I need to connect the L1 bridges to
    > > unlock right?

    > Correct. That unlocks it so the MB can change the multiplier.
    >
    > > And modify the L6 bridges to change the multiplier?

    > No. After closing L1's use MB jumpers/bios to change Multiplier.
    > Alternately you could use the socket pin mod, or if you want a set
    > multiplier, forget L1's and set a new default using the L3 and L4 bridges.
    >
    > > Will pencil be conductive enough for these tasks? Does the pencil come
    > > off?

    > The pencil will rub off and may loose contact. Using conductive paint
    > works better.

    'Conductive paint' ? I wouldn't know where to get this.

    > > Do I need to cut all the L11 bridges to be able to set a custom vcore?

    > No. vcore adjustment is not locked.
    >
    > > My CPU can go up to 943MHz with the default vcore, how much higher would
    > > 1.775v let it go? Thankyou.

    > That will depend on many factors, one of which is which cpu you have now,
    > and you didn't say.

    An Athlon 850 from early 2001.

    Identity, Feb 16, 2004
  8. Identity

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 04:30:44 +1300, Identity wrote:

    > Wes Newell wrote:
    >
    >> The pencil will rub off and may loose contact. Using conductive paint
    >> works better.

    > 'Conductive paint' ? I wouldn't know where to get this.

    Rear window defroster repair kit. About any auto parts store.

    >> > My CPU can go up to 943MHz with the default vcore, how much higher
    >> > would 1.775v let it go? Thankyou.

    >> That will depend on many factors, one of which is which cpu you have
    >> now, and you didn't say.

    > An Athlon 850 from early 2001.

    Not very high according to this.
    http://www.cpudatabase.com/CPUdb/