tiger i7520SD (S5365) : no fan speed reading in BIOS

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by patpro ~ Patrick Proniewski, Nov 30, 2006.

  1. Hello,

    I've a problem with my new tiger i7520SD motherboard: the BIOS seems
    unable to detect my fans.
    I've plugged 2 Nexus 12cm ultraquiet fan on the motherboard fan jumpers
    (I've tried J16, J22, J5 and J18), but the BIOS fails detecting them.
    The speed is "N/A". I've deactivated the smartfan, but the nexus fans
    are still undetected.

    i've plugged an old crappy fan (small and noisy): this one is detected
    and the BIOS can read its speed.

    Any idea where the problem comes from ?

    And by the way, I'm also concerned by the temperature monitoring.
    Currently, CPU1 temp is "33 C / 603 F", CPU2 temp is "28 C / 594 F",
    System temp is "32 C / 89 F".
    There is clearly a problem with the Fahrenheit part.

    The BIOS is 1.01, the latest available.

    thanks,
    patpro

    --
    http://www.patpro.net/

    patpro ~ Patrick Proniewski, Nov 30, 2006