    Sorry if this seems really basic and maybe I'm not "seeing the forest for
    the trees" try of situation.

    Thanks in advance!

    George Kerby, May 1, 2012

  2. In article <CBC571F2.868C6%>,
    George Kerby <> wrote:

    > I have held out long enough before adapting my 24" iMac to Lion.
    >
    > My question to the group is: What happens in Time Machine when I make
    > the transition?

    Nothing. Just keep using it.

    -- Michelle

    PS It will selectively remove all your saved stuff from FOX News, though.
    <chortle>

    --
    Tea Party Patriots is to Patriotism as

    Michelle Steiner, May 1, 2012

  3. George Kerby

    Bill Guest

    In article <-september.org>,
    Michelle Steiner <> wrote:

    > In article <CBC571F2.868C6%>,
    > George Kerby <> wrote:
    >
    > > I have held out long enough before adapting my 24" iMac to Lion.
    > >
    > > My question to the group is: What happens in Time Machine when I make
    > > the transition?

    > Nothing. Just keep using it.
    >
    > -- Michelle
    >
    > PS It will selectively remove all your saved stuff from FOX News, though.
    > <chortle>

    With 10.7, you have the option of using FileVault to do full-disk
    encryption, which plays nice with Time Machine. File Vault in 10.6 and
    earlier did not play nice with Time Machine, but it plays very well in
    10.7. You also have the option of encrypting the Time Machine backup
    disk in 10.7.

    These new capabilities were the main reason I went to 10.7 soon after it
    came out.

    However, if you go that route, you will not be able to use your current
    backup disk as is, but will have to re-format it.

    If you don't need encryption to protect your data, then just go ahead
    and use the existing backup disk as-is.

    Bill, May 1, 2012
  4. George Kerby

    George Kerby Guest

    On 5/1/12 4:29 PM, in article
    , "Bill"
    <> wrote:

    > In article <-september.org>,
    > Michelle Steiner <> wrote:
    >
    >> In article <CBC571F2.868C6%>,
    >> George Kerby <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have held out long enough before adapting my 24" iMac to Lion.
    >>>
    >>> My question to the group is: What happens in Time Machine when I make
    >>> the transition?

    >> Nothing. Just keep using it.
    >>
    >> -- Michelle
    >>
    >> PS It will selectively remove all your saved stuff from FOX News, though.
    >> <chortle>

    > With 10.7, you have the option of using FileVault to do full-disk
    > encryption, which plays nice with Time Machine. File Vault in 10.6 and
    > earlier did not play nice with Time Machine, but it plays very well in
    > 10.7. You also have the option of encrypting the Time Machine backup
    > disk in 10.7.
    >
    > These new capabilities were the main reason I went to 10.7 soon after it
    > came out.
    >
    > However, if you go that route, you will not be able to use your current
    > backup disk as is, but will have to re-format it.
    >
    > If you don't need encryption to protect your data, then just go ahead
    > and use the existing backup disk as-is.

    Thanks Michelle and Bill!

    BTW: I attached a Trojan to this that will remove anything associated with
    Bill Maher and Keith Olbermann from your hard drive and replace it with
    Glenn Beck, Michelle. Be careful, you may come over from the "Dark Side"...

    George Kerby, May 3, 2012
  5. In article <CBC80C82.86A33%>,
    George Kerby <> wrote:

    > BTW: I attached a Trojan

    As a lesbian, I reject all Trojans as a matter of principle; I don't care
    for what they are attached to.

    --
    Tea Party Patriots is to Patriotism as

    Michelle Steiner, May 3, 2012
  6. George Kerby

    George Kerby Guest

    On 5/3/12 10:37 AM, in article
    -september.org, "Michelle
    Steiner" <> wrote:

    > In article <CBC80C82.86A33%>,
    > George Kerby <> wrote:
    >
    >> BTW: I attached a Trojan

    > As a lesbian, I reject all Trojans as a matter of principle; I don't care
    > for what they are attached to.

    BFG!!!

    "Give the lady a cigar! We have a wiener!!!"

    OK - I'll quit now...

    George Kerby, May 3, 2012
  7. George Kerby

    George Kerby Guest

    On 5/3/12 11:07 AM, in article CBC81777.86A3C%,
    "George Kerby" <> wrote:

    > On 5/3/12 10:37 AM, in article
    > -september.org, "Michelle
    > Steiner" <> wrote:
    >
    >> In article <CBC80C82.86A33%>,
    >> George Kerby <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> BTW: I attached a Trojan

    >> As a lesbian, I reject all Trojans as a matter of principle; I don't care
    >> for what they are attached to.

    > BFG!!!
    >
    > "Give the lady a cigar! We have a wiener!!!"
    >
    > OK - I'll quit now...

    OK, I lied...

    It seems that some other folks don't like Fox News as well:

    <http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/al-qaida-letter-seized-bin-laden-compou
    nd-fox-154510302.html>

    George Kerby, May 3, 2012
  8. In article <CBC842BC.86A50%>,
    George Kerby <> wrote:

    > OK, I lied...
    >
    > It seems that some other folks don't like Fox News as well:
    >
    > <http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/al-qaida-letter-seized-bin-laden-com
    > pound-fox-154510302.html>

    Hmm, it says that Al Qaida doesn't like Obama and wanted to kill him. Does
    that mean that al Qaida is aligned with the GOP?

    --
    Tea Party Patriots is to Patriotism as

    Michelle Steiner, May 4, 2012
  9. George Kerby

    George Kerby Guest

    On 5/3/12 6:34 PM, in article
    -september.org, "Michelle
    Steiner" <> wrote:

    > In article <CBC842BC.86A50%>,
    > George Kerby <> wrote:
    >
    >> OK, I lied...
    >>
    >> It seems that some other folks don't like Fox News as well:
    >>
    >> <http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/al-qaida-letter-seized-bin-laden-com
    >> pound-fox-154510302.html>

    > Hmm, it says that Al Qaida doesn't like Obama and wanted to kill him. Does
    > that mean that al Qaida is aligned with the GOP?

    It means that they want Joe Biteme to be Pres because he is an absolute
    idiot and they can do bad shit to us.

    Observe...

    <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmRXH7RkCZQ>

    THAT is the second in line to being the POTUS.

    Deal with it.

    See you in November...

    George Kerby, May 4, 2012
  10. George Kerby

    Wes Groleau Guest

    Re: Panning politicians

    On 05-03-2012 21:06, Jolly Roger wrote:
    > George Kerby<> wrote:
    >> It means that they want Joe Biteme to be Pres because he is an absolute
    >> idiot and they can do bad shit to us.
    >>
    >> Observe...
    >>
    >> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmRXH7RkCZQ>
    >>
    >> THAT is the second in line to being the POTUS.

    > I see. In your world, someone who sings a goofy song on camera - a
    > description a whole lot of normal, good Americans might fit quite easily
    > - is an absolute idiot who can do bad shit to us and is therefore not
    > fit to be vice president. Duly noted.

    Bipartisan retort:

    I went to <http://politifact.com> which rates statements one of six
    levels from "true" to "pants on fire"

    Of course, they might be biased, but for what it's worth, back when
    there were still five Republican candidates, I compared the counts
    for the good and bad for all five, plus Obama and Biden. Judging by
    those proportions alone, the most truthful of those seven were Ron Paul
    and Barack Obama (but Romney was a very close third.

    The two least truthful were Joe Biden and Newt Gingrich.

    Again, that's merely based on that website's ratings, some of which I
    disagreed with. (As in, at least one rated "pants on fire" I would have
    called "mostly false.")

    --
    Wes Groleau

    “Grant me the serenity to accept those I cannot change;
    the courage to change the one I can;
    and the wisdom to know it's me.â€
    — unknown

    Wes Groleau, May 4, 2012
  11. George Kerby

    Alan Browne Guest

    On 2012-05-03 21:06 , Jolly Roger wrote:

    > I see. In your world, someone who sings a goofy song on camera - a
    > description a whole lot of normal, good Americans might fit quite easily
    > - is an absolute idiot who can do bad shit to us and is therefore not
    > fit to be vice president. Duly noted.

    Didn't Ashcroft write and publicly sing (at a press conference) a syrupy
    ode to America? I recall hearing that and ROFLMUAO.

    --
    "A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds."
    -Samuel Clemens.

    Alan Browne, May 4, 2012
  12. George Kerby

    George Kerby Guest

    On 5/4/12 4:08 PM, in article ,
    "Alan Browne" <> wrote:

    > On 2012-05-03 21:06 , Jolly Roger wrote:
    >
    >> I see. In your world, someone who sings a goofy song on camera - a
    >> description a whole lot of normal, good Americans might fit quite easily
    >> - is an absolute idiot who can do bad shit to us and is therefore not
    >> fit to be vice president. Duly noted.

    > Didn't Ashcroft write and publicly sing (at a press conference) a syrupy
    > ode to America? I recall hearing that and ROFLMUAO.

    But Ashcroft didn't obtain such status as this...

    <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hZtW_q_6Ug>

    Browne, you got other things to worry about, BTW. Fix up the Shoot-In - for
    one.

    George Kerby, May 5, 2012
  13. George Kerby

    George Kerby Guest

    On 5/4/12 8:57 PM, in article
    , "Jolly Roger"
    <> wrote:

    > In article <CBC9E306.86B9A%>,
    > George Kerby <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 5/4/12 4:08 PM, in article ,

    >>> Didn't Ashcroft write and publicly sing (at a press conference) a syrupy
    >>> ode to America? I recall hearing that and ROFLMUAO.

    >> But Ashcroft didn't obtain such status as this...
    >>
    >> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hZtW_q_6Ug>

    > I notice you can't seem to get enough of Biden. Secret crush?

    Naw. It's sorta like how a train wreck attracts the curious, ya know?

    Joe BiteMe is in the same category: You know you shouldn't look - but you
    do, because you haven't seen anything quite so bizarre before.

    George Kerby, May 5, 2012
  14. In article <CBCAAC90.86C40%>,
    George Kerby <> wrote:

    > Joe BiteMe is in the same category: You know you shouldn't look - but
    > you do, because you haven't seen anything quite so bizarre before.

    I've seen more bizarre; John Ashcroft, for one.

    --
    Tea Party Patriots is to Patriotism as

    Michelle Steiner, May 5, 2012
  15. George Kerby

    J.J. O'Shea Guest

    On Sat, 5 May 2012 11:40:27 -0400, Michelle Steiner wrote
    (in article <-september.org>):

    > In article <CBCAAC90.86C40%>,
    > George Kerby <> wrote:
    >
    >> Joe BiteMe is in the same category: You know you shouldn't look - but
    >> you do, because you haven't seen anything quite so bizarre before.

    > I've seen more bizarre; John Ashcroft, for one.

    The two things that I remember most vividly about John Ashcroft were that he:
    1 managed to lose to a dead man
    <http://archives.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/11/07/senate.missouri/>

    2 wanted to hide semi-nude statues
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_of_Justice>

    Poor Joe Biden simply can't compete with that level of hilarity.

    J.J. O'Shea, May 28, 2012
  16. In article <>,
    J.J. O'Shea <> wrote:

    > The two things that I remember most vividly about John Ashcroft were that he:
    > 1 managed to lose to a dead man
    > <http://archives.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/11/07/senate.missouri/>
    >
    > 2 wanted to hide semi-nude statues
    > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_of_Justice>

    There's a third that I learned today. In 1972, he ran against Nixon in the
    GOP primary because he felt that Nixon wasn't conservative enough.

    --
    Tea Party Patriots is to Patriotism as

    Michelle Steiner, May 29, 2012
  17. In article <290520121509302336%>,
    Jim Gibson <> wrote:

    > > There's a third that I learned today. In 1972, he ran against Nixon
    > > in the GOP primary because he felt that Nixon wasn't conservative
    > > enough.

    > Compared to today's leading Republicans, Nixon was a Liberal.

    Compared to some of today's so-called liberals, Nixon was a liberal.

    --
    Tea Party Patriots is to Patriotism as

    Michelle Steiner, May 30, 2012
  18. Michelle Steiner <> writes:

    > In article <290520121509302336%>,
    > Jim Gibson <> wrote:
    >
    > > > There's a third that I learned today. In 1972, he ran against Nixon
    > > > in the GOP primary because he felt that Nixon wasn't conservative
    > > > enough.

    > > Compared to today's leading Republicans, Nixon was a Liberal.

    > Compared to some of today's so-called liberals, Nixon was a liberal.

    Yes. Nixon was to the left of the center of today's democratic party
    in a number of ways.

    Of course he was also a paranoid crook, but you can't have everything.

    Doug Anderson, May 30, 2012
  19. George Kerby

    J.J. O'Shea Guest

    On Tue, 29 May 2012 23:53:42 -0400, Doug Anderson wrote
    (in article <>):

    > Michelle Steiner <> writes:

    >>> Compared to today's leading Republicans, Nixon was a Liberal.

    >> Compared to some of today's so-called liberals, Nixon was a liberal.

    > Yes. Nixon was to the left of the center of today's democratic party
    > in a number of ways.
    >
    > Of course he was also a paranoid crook, but you can't have everything.

    Tricky Dick Nixon was really LBJ?! Who knew?

    J.J. O'Shea, May 30, 2012