    Much thanks for all you help for at least the last decade. Ever since
    I had the trusty 386,s.
    Much regards Jerry

    J.Lef, May 5, 2008

  2. J.Lef

    Ben Myers Guest

    Not sure about Gateways, but with Dell laptops I replace the screen, bulb and
    inverter. Dell, or more accurately Dell's system assembler, pairs the inverters
    with the screens in matched sets. When they produce a new run of the same
    model, it is highly probably that there will be a different screen and inverter
    matched set with the same physical connector as the old one, but with different
    voltages and even pinouts.

    I made the mistake once of replacing the screen and leaving the inverter in a
    Dell. The new combination lasted a couple of days before biting the dust. I
    would do the same with a Gateway for maybe $250 to $300, depending on cost and
    availability of the parts... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, May 6, 2008