To good to be true - Restore disk

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by Postman Delivers, Feb 24, 2008.

  1. Lots of restore disks are avaiable from HP, but this www site seems to
    good to be true... Has anyone used them?

    www.restoredisks.com/index.asp

    JR

    1. Advertising

  2. tmnjcomp

    tmnjcomp

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    I'm wondering the same thing. HP no longer supports my compaq 5400us and they no longer stock the quick restore cds.

    I called restoredisks.com and they assured me that what they supply is the same as the manufacturer and will restore your PC to factory image.

    Personally I'm not sure if I want to invest the $50 bucks for a new HD and the $35 for the restore disks in my 8 yr old compaq. Although it might be worth the money to have a backup machine.

    edit- Forgot to mention that HP tech support acvtually gave me restoredisks name since they (HP) no longer supplied them for my pc.

    Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
    1. Advertising

  3. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    "Postman Delivers" <> wrote in message
    > Lots of restore disks are avaiable from HP, but this www site seems to
    > good to be true... Has anyone used them?
    >
    > www.restoredisks.com/index.asp
    >
    > JR

    I don't know what they charge for HP restore disks but I can tell you that
    they charge $7 more for Emachine restore disks than Emachine does.

  4. On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 09:01:49 -0500, Jerry wrote:

    > "Postman Delivers" <> wrote in message
    >> Lots of restore disks are avaiable from HP, but this www site seems to
    >> good to be true... Has anyone used them?
    >>
    >> www.restoredisks.com/index.asp
    >>
    >> JR

    > I don't know what they charge for HP restore disks but I can tell you
    > that they charge $7 more for Emachine restore disks than Emachine does.

    Jerry,

    Thanks for the info...

    JR the postman