    fails to load because thci.dll is not found, can anyone provide me with
    a fix.

    , Jan 18, 2006

  2. Guest

    I am notorious for solving my own problems on posts, okay the solution
    for me was:

    1) download the THCI.dll from a site on google (there are hundreds of
    sites the provide dll's), save it to the root folder of the FncKy.exe
    utility. For me its C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA Controls

    2) Goto Toshiba's support site
    (http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modSel.jsp) and
    select the model of laptop you have. Click on downloads, and look for a
    file titled: "Toshiba ACPI Common Modules" (it will probably have
    verson stuff on the end of it).

    3) install the file that we just downloaded and restart the computer

    I hope this helps someone

    , Jan 18, 2006

  3. Quaoar Guest

    wrote:
    > I am notorious for solving my own problems on posts, okay the solution
    > for me was:
    >
    > 1) download the THCI.dll from a site on google (there are hundreds of
    > sites the provide dll's), save it to the root folder of the FncKy.exe
    > utility. For me its C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TOSHIBA Controls
    >
    > 2) Goto Toshiba's support site
    > (http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modSel.jsp) and
    > select the model of laptop you have. Click on downloads, and look for a
    > file titled: "Toshiba ACPI Common Modules" (it will probably have
    > verson stuff on the end of it).
    >
    > 3) install the file that we just downloaded and restart the computer
    >
    > I hope this helps someone

    Thanks for this. Probably only one in one hundred posters who find the
    solution will post it. Google Groups is replete with failed responses,
    and I assume that many of the OPs actually found the solution. Your
    solution might well be irrelevant today, but will pay dividends for
    others in the future.

    Quaoar, Jan 18, 2006
  4. pauly Guest

    The future has arrived, tks, my ebay purchased 1415-s115 that just
    arrived was in need of its version of that file. Will go get it now.

    pauly, Feb 7, 2006