Toshiba 2500CDS hard drive install and/or linux install help

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by MitchellCowen, Jan 25, 2007.

  1. I've been compelled to make use of a Toshiba 2500CDS.

    I am now trying to put in a hard disk from another computer. The
    Windows XP screen comes up, and then the black friendly "Welcome to
    Windows" screen, and it seems to have just loaded "agp440", but then we
    get a blue screen telling us that the hard drive is corrupt. Tecnical
    information

    *** STOP: 0x00000007B (0xfd58e640 0xc000034, 0, 0)

    What do I need to do? Something with the BIOS settings?

    Before this, I was trying to install Linux on the Toshiba and I got:
    > [17180006.540000] toshoboe: 0xffe0 could not be read
    > mount: Function not implemented

    Any help with the installing another computer's Windows XP hard disk or
    installing Linux on this one would be appreciated.

    THanks,
    MItch

    MitchellCowen, Jan 25, 2007

  2. MitchellCowen

    Quaoar Guest

    MitchellCowen wrote:
    > I've been compelled to make use of a Toshiba 2500CDS.
    >
    > I am now trying to put in a hard disk from another computer. The
    > Windows XP screen comes up, and then the black friendly "Welcome to
    > Windows" screen, and it seems to have just loaded "agp440", but then we
    > get a blue screen telling us that the hard drive is corrupt. Tecnical
    > information
    >
    > *** STOP: 0x00000007B (0xfd58e640 0xc000034, 0, 0)
    >
    > What do I need to do? Something with the BIOS settings?
    >
    > Before this, I was trying to install Linux on the Toshiba and I got:
    >> [17180006.540000] toshoboe: 0xffe0 could not be read
    >> mount: Function not implemented

    > Any help with the installing another computer's Windows XP hard disk or
    > installing Linux on this one would be appreciated.
    >
    > THanks,
    > MItch

    0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

    Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the
    startup process. Typical causes: *Installing incorrect device drivers*
    when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.

    It is normally not possible to boot one computer from the HD of another
    computer, unless both computers are *exactly* the same, mechanically and
    electronically, in all regards.

    For installing Linux, google toshiba linux.

    Quaoar, Jan 27, 2007

  3. MitchellCowen

    Guest

    On Jan 25, 11:16 am, "MitchellCowen"
    <> wrote:
    > I've been compelled to make use of a Toshiba 2500CDS.
    >
    > I am now trying to put in a hard disk from another computer. The
    > Windows XP screen comes up, and then the black friendly "Welcome to
    > Windows" screen, and it seems to have just loaded "agp440", but then we
    > get a blue screen telling us that the hard drive is corrupt. Tecnical
    > information
    >
    > *** STOP: 0x00000007B (0xfd58e640 0xc000034, 0, 0)
    >
    > What do I need to do? Something with the BIOS settings?

    Repair install. Or start fresh.

    PS... that machine is not likely to be a good candidate for XP. I'd
    leave windows 98 on it.

    Don't know what to do about making linux play nice.

    > Before this, I was trying to install Linux on the Toshiba and I got:
    >
    > > [17180006.540000] toshoboe: 0xffe0 could not be read
    > > mount: Function not implementedAny help with the installing another computer's Windows XP hard disk or

    > installing Linux on this one would be appreciated.
    >
    > THanks,
    > MItch

    , Jan 27, 2007
  4. MitchellCowen

    Guest

    On Jan 26, 8:42 pm, Quaoar <> wrote:
    > MitchellCowen wrote:
    > > I've been compelled to make use of a Toshiba 2500CDS.

    > > I am now trying to put in a hard disk from another computer. The
    > > Windows XP screen comes up, and then the black friendly "Welcome to
    > > Windows" screen, and it seems to have just loaded "agp440", but then we
    > > get a blue screen telling us that the hard drive is corrupt. Tecnical
    > > information

    > > *** STOP: 0x00000007B (0xfd58e640 0xc000034, 0, 0)

    > > What do I need to do? Something with the BIOS settings?

    > > Before this, I was trying to install Linux on the Toshiba and I got:
    > >> [17180006.540000] toshoboe: 0xffe0 could not be read
    > >> mount: Function not implemented

    > > Any help with the installing another computer's Windows XP hard disk or
    > > installing Linux on this one would be appreciated.

    > > THanks,
    > > MItch0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

    > Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the
    > startup process. Typical causes: *Installing incorrect device drivers*
    > when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.
    >
    > It is normally not possible to boot one computer from the HD of another
    > computer, unless both computers are *exactly* the same, mechanically and
    > electronically, in all regards.

    THe rules are loose. You can get away with this pretty often. And a
    repair install will often bail you out of the times it doesn't work.