    I've tried to disable these buttons b/c I don't need them, but haven't been
    able to figure it out and, of course, tech support is worthless. Any ideas?

    Bryan Capps ()
    Bryan Capps, May 26, 2004

  2. Bryan Capps

    Quaoar Guest

    Bryan Capps wrote:
    > I have a Toshiba 5205-S705 laptop. It has its DVD/media player
    > buttons on the front/leading edge of the case, forward of the
    > touchpad. They are exposed even when the laptop is in the closed
    > position, I think by design so that it can be used as a CD player
    > even when closed. The problem is that those buttons are frequently
    > activated in the (standard laptop/notebook carrying) case, in
    > transit, causing the laptop to power up inside. Of course, because
    > it's in a closed container, the laptop and fan create more and more
    > heat trying (futilely) to cool itself down. When I get to my
    > destination, the thing's at about 150 degrees (I'm running SIGuardian
    > HDDTemperature, so I'm not exaggerating). I'm worried that one of
    > these times I'm not going to catch it, and it's going to melt down.
    >
    > I've tried to disable these buttons b/c I don't need them, but
    > haven't been able to figure it out and, of course, tech support is
    > worthless. Any ideas?
    >
    > Bryan Capps ()

    Might check BIOS setup for a setting to disable the keys. Otherwise, is
    there a Toshiba utility somewhere?

    Quaoar, May 27, 2004

  3. Bryan Capps

    Bryan Capps Guest

    Tried both already.

    Bryan Capps, May 29, 2004
  4. Bryan Capps

    Sava777 Guest

    not sure if applies to your model:
    You can remover the background task from the system tray, the one reads the
    buttons in question.
    Without that task the buttons will not get activated.
    Hope this works for you.

    Sava777, May 29, 2004