    other suggestions as to how to turn it on, i'd be glad to hear them!

    Cheers,

    Jon

    Jon Denly, Jun 12, 2004

  2. Jon Denly

    Grim Reaper Guest

    On 12 Jun 2004 03:32:04 -0700, (Jon Denly)
    smeared the following in blood before being buried 6 feet in the
    ground:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have recently purchased a secondhand Toshiba P401LCE, but have no
    >controller or remote for it and so am unable to turn it on! When it
    >is supplied with power, it goes into standby mode, but connecting it
    >to a video source doesn't have any effect - it just remains in
    >standby. I am looking for either a remote, (it accepts both a wired
    >remote and ir), or software and/or spec for the RS232 controller port
    >to enable me to control it that way from my PC. If anyone has any
    >other suggestions as to how to turn it on, i'd be glad to hear them!

    Your problem could be the projector lamp. It must be burn out. Be
    ready to pay $500 for a new projector lamp. The prices the projector
    companies charge for a new projector lamp are tantamount to extortion
    and ripoff.

    Grim Reaper

    Grim Reaper, Jun 12, 2004

  3. Jon Denly

    Jon Denly Guest

    Re: toshiba P401LCE lcd rear projection display from video wall - need remote or RS232 software

    Grim Reaper <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 12 Jun 2004 03:32:04 -0700, (Jon Denly)
    > smeared the following in blood before being buried 6 feet in the
    > ground:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >I have recently purchased a secondhand Toshiba P401LCE, but have no
    > >controller or remote for it and so am unable to turn it on! When it
    > >is supplied with power, it goes into standby mode, but connecting it
    > >to a video source doesn't have any effect - it just remains in
    > >standby. I am looking for either a remote, (it accepts both a wired
    > >remote and ir), or software and/or spec for the RS232 controller port
    > >to enable me to control it that way from my PC. If anyone has any
    > >other suggestions as to how to turn it on, i'd be glad to hear them!

    > Your problem could be the projector lamp. It must be burn out. Be
    > ready to pay $500 for a new projector lamp. The prices the projector
    > companies charge for a new projector lamp are tantamount to extortion
    > and ripoff.
    >
    > Grim Reaper

    Thanks for the reply, but I think the bulb is fine. There were two of
    these displays for sale, originally used in a video wall, and both
    show the same behaviour. Both were working fine when connected to the
    video wall controller, but will not work disconnected. I'm assuming
    that the controller was setting them into the correct mode for video
    wall usage, so something similar needs to be done to use a display by
    itself. Unfortunately I don't have access to the controller to find
    out how it does it - although I know it uses the RS232 serial port on
    the back of the displays to send control signals. There is also what
    appears to be a socket for a jack plug marked as a 'wired remote', but
    no sign of a remote :(

    Jon

    Jon Denly, Jun 12, 2004