    hi
    does anyone know how to use the recovery cd for satellite A80
    thanks in advance

    rane5, May 29, 2006

  2. How to use it? Normally, you go into the BIOS setup and change the boot
    order to include the optical drive BEFORE the hard drive, put the CD (or
    DVD, most later Toshibas have DVD restore discs) into the drive, and
    restart the computer, letting it boot from the restore disc.

    Barry Watzman, May 30, 2006

  3. rane5

    Guest

    On Tue, 30 May 2006 00:36:37 GMT, Barry Watzman
    <> wrote:

    >How to use it? Normally, you go into the BIOS setup and change the boot
    >order to include the optical drive BEFORE the hard drive, put the CD (or
    >DVD, most later Toshibas have DVD restore discs) into the drive, and
    >restart the computer, letting it boot from the restore disc.
    >

    >rane5 wrote:
    >
    >> hi,
    >> does anyone know how to use the recovery cd for satellite A80?
    >> thanks in advance.

    With my Tosh recovery disc, it's as Barry says above, except that you
    have to hold down the 'c' key as the machine boots up.

    Never could understand why they added that feature.

    Hope this helps.

    Tootie.

    , May 30, 2006
  4. Holding down the "C" key is just a way of forcing the computer to boot
    from the CD rom drive when it is otherwise not the default boot device.
    If you have set the bios to try to boot from the CD before the hard
    drive, then holding down the "C" (for "CD") key is not necessary.

    Barry Watzman, May 31, 2006