Toshiba Satellite LED error codes

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by dstvns, Feb 7, 2004.

  1. dstvns

    dstvns Guest

    Hello, I was wondering if anyone had a list of these flashing LED
    error codes my Toshiba Satellite keeps sending out. I've attempted
    over several hours to find a listing on Toshiba's website, but they
    refuse to post any info except "go to the repair shop".

    If anyone knows the secret location of Toshiba LED codes, I would be
    greatly appreciative, thanks

    Dan

    1. Advertising

  2. seawolfe

    seawolfe Guest

    These flashing codes are in hexidecimal for several problems that usually
    all refer to some portion of the system board that is having a problem. The
    codes vary a little from computer to computer and type of model like Tecra
    versus Satellite versus Satellite Pro and so on. Most models have one main
    part like a system board while others may have a system board, a separate
    power board, video board, sound board, etc. Without knowing the actual
    model of your Satellite, it probably sounds like a system board failure.
    Have you tried the Compuserve forum run by Toshiba Users? It is not an
    Official Toshiba site, but they have lots of people who have a good
    knowledge base to help you. Otherwise it sounds like service time at a
    Toshiba authorized service center, or premiere service center (and you can
    find these listed at the Toshiba web site).

    "dstvns" <> wrote in message
    > Hello, I was wondering if anyone had a list of these flashing LED
    > error codes my Toshiba Satellite keeps sending out. I've attempted
    > over several hours to find a listing on Toshiba's website, but they
    > refuse to post any info except "go to the repair shop".
    >
    > If anyone knows the secret location of Toshiba LED codes, I would be
    > greatly appreciative, thanks
    >
    > Dan

    1. Advertising

  3. dstvns

    dstvns Guest

    On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 12:14:12 GMT, "seawolfe" <>
    wrote:

    >power board, video board, sound board, etc. Without knowing the actual
    >model of your Satellite, it probably sounds like a system board failure.

    Sorry, it's a 2595CDS. The code is 01000100 with long flashes
    representing 1's. I am guessing the first LED flash is the binary
    digit farthest to the left, moving towards the right. Otherwise the
    above binary sequence is backwards ;)

    >Have you tried the Compuserve forum run by Toshiba Users? It is not an
    >Official Toshiba site, but they have lots of people who have a good
    >knowledge base to help you.

    can you help point me in the right direction? I tried looking on
    toshiba's website, but I think it required me to use a compuserve
    login, and I don't have an account.

    Thanks,
    Dan

  4. tc

    tc Guest

    http://forums.compuserve.com/gvforums/default.asp?SRV=Toshiba
    You can browse without signing in. To ask a question you must get a login.
    Its free
    Terry