    minimum of somehting like $150 for full diagnostics. And, they said the
    cheapest repair runs $90. Also, it's about an hour drive to get there.

    - JB

    jb, Mar 15, 2006

  2. jb

    Guest

    , Mar 15, 2006

  3. jb

    someone Guest

    "jb" <> wrote in message
    news:CcWRf.9$...
    > How do I figure out what the beep codes mean on my Toshiba P25-S670? It's
    > one long and two short. I called a "premium service provider" and they say
    > I have to bring it in. I looked through all the forums and such, and they
    > only talk about a Tecra or some such, not this model. I already tried
    > replacing the RAM, that didn't work.
    >
    > The problem is, the repair center charges $75 just to look at it, and a
    > minimum of somehting like $150 for full diagnostics. And, they said the
    > cheapest repair runs $90. Also, it's about an hour drive to get there.
    >
    > - JB

    go to this site:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_b.htm
    At the top of the page hit the Edit menu, and type in beep.
    It`ll take you to the beep codes section.
    You need to know what your Bios is.
    It shows as you start the machine.

    someone, Mar 15, 2006
  4. jb

    jb Guest

    "someone" <> wrote in message news:UGWRf.2935
    > go to this site:
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_b.htm
    > At the top of the page hit the Edit menu, and type in beep.
    > It`ll take you to the beep codes section.
    > You need to know what your Bios is.
    > It shows as you start the machine.

    Unfortunately it never gets to the BIOS.

    jb, Mar 15, 2006
  5. jb

    someone Guest

    "jb" <> wrote in message

    > "someone" <> wrote in message news:UGWRf.2935
    >> go to this site:
    >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_b.htm
    >> At the top of the page hit the Edit menu, and type in beep.
    >> It`ll take you to the beep codes section.
    >> You need to know what your Bios is.
    >> It shows as you start the machine.
    >>

    > Unfortunately it never gets to the BIOS.

    IBM standard codes;; 1L 2S = display adapter fault

    someone, Mar 15, 2006
  6. jb

    jb Guest

    "someone" <> wrote in message

    > "jb" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "someone" <> wrote in message news:UGWRf.2935
    >>> go to this site:
    >>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_b.htm
    >>> At the top of the page hit the Edit menu, and type in beep.
    >>> It`ll take you to the beep codes section.
    >>> You need to know what your Bios is.
    >>> It shows as you start the machine.
    >>>

    >> Unfortunately it never gets to the BIOS.

    > IBM standard codes;; 1L 2S = display adapter fault

    So is this an expensive fix?

    jb, Mar 16, 2006
  7. Toshiba does their own BIOS. It's a "Toshiba" BIOS. Not award,
    Phoenix, AMI or anyone else, just "Toshiba". Even on the models made
    for them by other manufacturers (such as the Compal models).

    Barry Watzman, Mar 16, 2006
  8. On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:15:44 -0600, "jb" <>
    wrote:

    >How do I figure out what the beep codes mean on my Toshiba P25-S670? It's
    >one long and two short. I called a "premium service provider" and they say I
    >have to bring it in. I looked through all the forums and such, and they only
    >talk about a Tecra or some such, not this model. I already tried replacing
    >the RAM, that didn't work.
    >
    >The problem is, the repair center charges $75 just to look at it, and a
    >minimum of somehting like $150 for full diagnostics. And, they said the
    >cheapest repair runs $90. Also, it's about an hour drive to get there.
    >
    >- JB

    I just finished repairing a Toshiba and it made me realize I would
    never buy one.

    I'd call a different "premium service provider" who will level with
    you. But Toshiba would have to really want to **** with people's
    heads if one long/two short means something other than a video
    problem.

    Take it apart at the kitchen table, very carefully under a bright
    light, with a clean coffee cup for all the screws.

    You might find a loose wire or broken solder if you are lucky.
    Conceivably you might find a scorched area on a circuit board. You
    might be able to fix it yourself, or you might have to take it in.

    Good luck.

    Charlie Wilkes, Mar 16, 2006
  9. jb

    jb Guest

    I don't know if this provides any more clues, but the person using it had it
    sitting on some cushions and left it there. So, it seems like it overheated.

    jb, Mar 16, 2006
  10. On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 06:34:55 -0600, "jb" <>
    wrote:

    >I don't know if this provides any more clues, but the person using it had it
    >sitting on some cushions and left it there. So, it seems like it overheated.

    Yeah, they've got a line of laptops that need a bios patch for that
    very condition. If yours is one of them, they might cover it.

    If it overheated, you probably won't be able to fix it.

    Charlie

    Charlie Wilkes, Mar 16, 2006
  11. jb

    Ed Medlin Guest

    "jb" <> wrote in message
    >I don't know if this provides any more clues, but the person using it had
    >it sitting on some cushions and left it there. So, it seems like it
    >overheated.

    <snip>

    That could be the problem right there. My Toshiba has a 3.2ghz desktop
    processor (not an "M") and it can actually burn you if you set it on your
    lap. You must keep the bottom clear of anything that will disrupt airflow. I
    have had problems for the last month (in the shop for the second time this
    month right now) with the wireless networking. This was supposed to be a
    desktop replacement type of portable with higher end graphics and a gig of
    ddr memory and wide screen. It just runs too hot for my tastes. The cooling
    fans are annoying too. It ran fine for a year, but now is probably showing
    problems from all the heat.

    Ed

    Ed Medlin, Mar 17, 2006
  12. jb

    porac69

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Toshiba BIOS POST beep codes

    Hello,

    I have hunted the Internet for days but can not find the meaning of TOSHIBA BIOS beep codes.

    Do you know where I can get them?

    (The beeping by the way, varies whether I have 1 or 2 RAM modules in but if I have 2 modules the beeping is: 110 111 and nothing shows up on the display)

    Thanks you ever so much and well done with this great site!

    -Chris

    porac69, Aug 10, 2007
  13. jb

    steed

    Joined:
    May 14, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    hey mate,

    Thats your bios for sure.

    The reason I know this is becouse i just had a stall while updating mine she is dead and will not start.

    Think u need to make a usb with bios on it shell b apples.

    Good luck and post if u get it sorted as im stuck.

    Thanks

    steed, May 14, 2013