    actual module?

    Thanks.

    , Dec 4, 2006

  2. Wes Newell Guest

    On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 10:37:12 -0800, dmeglio wrote:

    > Hello, I'm wondering if anyone out there can direct me to some TPM
    > enabled ATX motherboards. Ideally I'm looking for an NVidia 590 SLI
    > chipset AM2 motherboard.
    >
    > I've been looking at ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI. None of them seem to list
    > their high-end AM2 boards as supporting TPM.
    >
    > Also, if my board just as a TPM connector, where can I purchase the
    > actual module?

    Careful what you ask for, you might actually get it.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Computing_Platform_Alliance#Criticisms

    Wes Newell, Dec 4, 2006

  3. Guest

    I'm not asking someone to spout to me why TPM is bad. I'm asking for a
    list of products. I need TPM for many reasons, I couldn't care less
    about "big brother conspiracy theories," TPM doesn't scare me at all. I
    also don't look to Wikipedia for my authoritative information.

    Anyway, as I said, I'm looking for product information, not opinions on
    TPM.

    On Dec 4, 3:29 pm, Wes Newell <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 10:37:12 -0800, dmeglio wrote:
    > > Hello, I'm wondering if anyone out there can direct me to some TPM
    > > enabled ATX motherboards. Ideally I'm looking for an NVidia 590 SLI
    > > chipset AM2 motherboard.

    > > I've been looking at ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI. None of them seem to list
    > > their high-end AM2 boards as supporting TPM.

    > > Also, if my board just as a TPM connector, where can I purchase the
    > > actual module?Careful what you ask for, you might actually get it.

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Computing_Platform_Alliance#Crit...
    >
    > --
    > Want the ultimate in free OTA SD/HDTV Recorder?http://mythtv.orghttp://mysettopbox.tv/knoppmyth.htmlUsenet alt.video.ptv.mythtv
    > My serverhttp://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.php
    > HD Tivo S3 comparedhttp://wesnewell.no-ip.com/mythtivo.htm

    , Dec 4, 2006
  4. Wes Newell Guest

    On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 12:49:07 -0800, dmeglio wrote:

    > I'm not asking someone to spout to me why TPM is bad. I'm asking for a
    > list of products. I need TPM for many reasons, I couldn't care less
    > about "big brother conspiracy theories," TPM doesn't scare me at all. I
    > also don't look to Wikipedia for my authoritative information.

    I'll remember that next time.

    > Anyway, as I said, I'm looking for product information, not opinions on
    > TPM.

    It appears you can do without my help then. Good luck.

    Wes Newell, Dec 5, 2006