Track 0 on WD Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dayda, Oct 16, 2003.

  1. Dayda

    Dayda Guest

    I had GoBack Program running on my WD Hard Drive. Than I had a problem
    in my computer the H.D. showed bad sectors, and I formated it,
    forgeting about GoBack. Now I can't install windows becouse GoBack
    prevent it.
    I hered that GoBack put a file in track 0 ant that is the couse.
    how can I erase track zero.

    1. Advertising

  2. jamotto

    jamotto Guest

    (Dayda) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I had GoBack Program running on my WD Hard Drive. Than I had a problem
    > in my computer the H.D. showed bad sectors, and I formated it,
    > forgeting about GoBack. Now I can't install windows becouse GoBack
    > prevent it.
    > I hered that GoBack put a file in track 0 ant that is the couse.
    > how can I erase track zero.

    A low level format should work WD should have this utility. This will
    erase everything on the drive.

    1. Advertising

  3. Dayda wrote:
    > ... my WD Hard Drive...
    > the H.D. showed bad sectors, and I formated it,
    > how can I erase track zero.

    go here: http://support.wdc.com/download/index.asp
    and download the data lifeguard utility. Copy it onto a floppy, stick
    the floppy in the floppy drive and restart your computer. Use the
    utilities available, such as EZ-BIOS and writing all zeros to the drive,
    to prepare your drive for new installation.
    -Scott