    incompatibility? Can I get around it?
    --
    Susan

    Susan, Jan 23, 2006

  2. Just tell them you have Windows XP Pro. They probably have no idea what
    Tablet PC edition is, nor do they need to. It's the same as pro as far as
    they should be concerned.

    --
    Josh Einstein
    Einstein Technologies

    Josh Einstein, Jan 23, 2006

  3. Susan

    jsbailey Guest

    Josh:

    I, and many others, have had similar problems. The palm install program
    locks up -- I assume because of the "incompatability" problem referenced by
    Palm. There is no opportunity to identify the system as XP or XP pro. It
    just locks up and does nothing.

    The conspiracy theorist in me thinks its Palm's battle against its rival,
    the tablet pc.

    jsbailey, Mar 16, 2006
  4. Susan

    Baylynx Guest

    Maybe this will help you. Try it!

    Here's the fix>

    1. Go the Microsoft Downlad Center and download Windows Script 5.6 for
    Windows XP and Windows 2000.

    2. Install the Scripten file (scripten.exe) and restart your computer.

    3. Install PalmOne software.

    Worked for me.

    Baylynx

    Baylynx, Mar 30, 2006
  5. Susan

    erin Guest

    I am frustrated by this problem as well. These appear to be old posts. Is
    there any updated info? I have 2 Tablet PC's and a Palm T3 & cannot HotSync.
    Palm says they are working on it.

    erin, Mar 8, 2007
  6. Susan

    Carol Guest

    I have Tungsten E2's and cannot install on windows xp tablet edition as
    well. Does anyone have a workaround? Thanks!

    Carol, Jul 23, 2007