Trying to install MOTU MIDI Express XT - Grrrrrr.....

Discussion in 'Soundcards' started by Dave H., Oct 12, 2004.

  1. Dave H.

    Dave H. Guest

    Hi All,
    I'm going mad, trying to get the driver for this to install in Win98SE -
    anyone had any success with it? I go through the process, restart the PC
    and... it hangs on restart, the MOTU doesn't show up in devce manager....
    Grrrrr.
    I *had* it working under the same OS, but had to sweep the PC clean and
    start again, don't remember if I did anything diferent that time around!
    System is a Compaq D500 P4, 1.5 GHz, 512 MB ram, with Advansys SCSI card
    (for the Yam A5000 sampler), Gadget Labs Wave824 audio interface, ATI radeon
    dual-display card and a PCI 2-parallel card. I'm trying to install the MIDI
    Express XT card, parallel connection to the PC so I can talk to my synths
    etc... :eek:( I've tried removing and uninstalling the Wave824, and the PCI
    parallel card, still no luck :eek:(

    *Any* help will be gratefully received!

    Dave H.

    Dave H., Oct 12, 2004

  2. Dave H.

    mickrocks Guest

    Make sure your parallel port is set to EPP.
    I have the same audio and midi interface and they work fine.
    good luck!

    mickrocks, Oct 22, 2004

  3. Dave H.

    mickrocks Guest

    Double check your express is set to pc and not mac.

    mickrocks, Oct 22, 2004