    --
    Andrew Hall
    (Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)

    Guest, Mar 24, 2007

  2. Guest

    Tom Scales Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > My daughter's college laptop, 9 months old,
    > is popping up annoying battery advertisements
    > from Dell ("Your battery is nearing the end of
    > its usable life, click here to order a new one").
    >
    > This is annoying, any idea how I can turn it off?
    > She should get another two years out of the Li Ion
    > batteries she has.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >

    > --
    > Andrew Hall
    > (Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)

    Well, 12-18 months is more normal. If she's using it hard, 9 months is
    early, but not out of line.

    Regardless, as I recall, that popup gives the option to disable itself.

    Tom Scales, Mar 24, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    >> > wrote in message

    news> ...

    >> My daughter's college laptop, 9 months old,
    >> is popping up annoying battery advertisements
    >> from Dell ("Your battery is nearing the end of
    >> its usable life, click here to order a new one").
    >>
    >> This is annoying, any idea how I can turn it off?
    >> She should get another two years out of the Li Ion
    >> batteries she has.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>

    >> --
    >> Andrew Hall
    >> (Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)

    Tom> Well, 12-18 months is more normal. If she's using it hard, 9 months is
    Tom> early, but not out of line.

    Really? I have gotten 2-3 years with each of mine. The charge times
    do go up, and the runtime down, but far from not-useful.

    However she rarely uses it on battery. I did get good advice here not
    to go too small on the college laptop.

    Tom> Regardless, as I recall, that popup gives the option to disable itself.

    I did not see that, I will look closer before she goes back to Chicago tomorrow.

    Thanks.

    Guest, Mar 24, 2007
  4. <> wrote in message

    > news> ...
    > >>
    > >> My daughter's college laptop, 9 months old,
    > >> is popping up annoying battery advertisements
    > >> from Dell ("Your battery is nearing the end of
    > >> its usable life, click here to order a new one").
    > >>
    > >> This is annoying, any idea how I can turn it off?
    > >> She should get another two years out of the Li Ion
    > >> batteries she has.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >>

    > >> --
    > >> Andrew Hall
    > >> (Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)

    > Tom> Well, 12-18 months is more normal. If she's using it hard, 9
    > months is
    > Tom> early, but not out of line.
    >
    > Really? I have gotten 2-3 years with each of mine. The charge times
    > do go up, and the runtime down, but far from not-useful.
    >
    > However she rarely uses it on battery. I did get good advice here not
    > to go too small on the college laptop.
    >
    > Tom> Regardless, as I recall, that popup gives the option to disable
    > itself.
    >
    > I did not see that, I will look closer before she goes back to Chicago
    > tomorrow.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > --
    > Andrew Hall
    > (Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)

    Isn't the battery normally covered by a year of warranty anyway. If you are
    getting messages to replace it you should be able to get one under warranty.
    HTH

    Robert

    Robert McMillan, Mar 25, 2007