Tyan S2720 Problem

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by Andrew J. Leary, Apr 16, 2005.

  1. I have a Tyan S2720 board which has been running fine for months with dual
    Xeon 2.6GHz CPUs and 512MB PC1600 RAM. The BIOS version is 1.03. Today I
    shut the machine down while I was working on the network. When I went to
    restart it, it would not boot. The power supply starts up, all the system
    and CPU fans run, but there is no further activity. The power LED does
    light up, but I don't get anything else. I've already tried removing all
    PCI cards, swapping RAM modules, removing one of the processors, swapping
    the 2 processors, etc. with no luck. Up until now I've had no problems with
    it; it runs very cool even when under a heavy processor load.

    Does anyone have any further troubleshooting suggestions? Please email me
    at .

    Thanks,

    Andrew

    1. Advertising

  2. Paul Murphy

    Paul Murphy Guest

    "Andrew J. Leary" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Tyan S2720 board which has been running fine for months with dual
    >Xeon 2.6GHz CPUs and 512MB PC1600 RAM. The BIOS version is 1.03. Today I
    >shut the machine down while I was working on the network. When I went to
    >restart it, it would not boot. The power supply starts up, all the system
    >and CPU fans run, but there is no further activity. The power LED does
    >light up, but I don't get anything else. I've already tried removing all
    >PCI cards, swapping RAM modules, removing one of the processors, swapping
    >the 2 processors, etc. with no luck. Up until now I've had no problems
    >with it; it runs very cool even when under a heavy processor load.
    >
    > Does anyone have any further troubleshooting suggestions? Please email me
    > at .
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Andrew

    I've had exactly the same problem with my Tyan S2460 not posting in the past
    when using a certain PSU - especially when the PSU warms up. What make and
    model of PSU are you using and have you another that you can swap in as a
    test? Have you unplugged the PSU from the mains and motherboard and left it
    to cool down for a while before plugging it back in and trying again?

    Paul

    1. Advertising

  3. Paul Murphy wrote:
    > I've had exactly the same problem with my Tyan S2460 not posting in the past
    > when using a certain PSU - especially when the PSU warms up. What make and
    > model of PSU are you using and have you another that you can swap in as a
    > test? Have you unplugged the PSU from the mains and motherboard and left it
    > to cool down for a while before plugging it back in and trying again?

    As it turns out, I thought of trying that right after I posted my
    message. I swapped out the Antec True550 for a spare and the system
    booted right back up.

    Thanks for the suggestion.

    Andrew