    any ideas, tips?

    thanks!
    , Oct 19, 2006

  2. hi ,

    didn't you reset the bios to default values ?

    In article <453704ed$0$34489$>,
    says...

    --
    gravity is still active
    -<--@
    wolfgang schneider, Oct 19, 2006

  3. Guest

    Hallo Wolfgang,

    yes, I did - that's what caused this problem to re-appear.
    I had it fixed in my old BIOS 1.03 setup, but that was earsed
    when I upgraded the BIOS to 1.04 - so it re-appeared.

    I talked to Tyan today, and they suggested to:

    - switch off the Option ROM error reporting
    - disable any unused on-board devices such
    as MAC OPSCAN, SCSI, etc..

    For LINUX they also suggest to:

    - switch OS type to LINUX on the main BIOS page
    - set MTRR to discrete
    - enable the IOMMU
    - set the memory hole to hardware

    Looks like this solved the problem!

    T.

    wolfgang schneider wrote:
    > hi ,
    >
    > didn't you reset the bios to default values ?
    >
    > In article <453704ed$0$34489$>,
    > says...
    >
    >>I have a Tyan Thunder K8WE / S2895 and just upgraded the BIOS to
    >>the lastest version 1.04
    >>
    >>Now the BIOS hangs up during booting, and it says:
    >>
    >> "out of space for Option ROMs!"
    >>
    >>what does this mean?
    >>

    >>I disabled a couple of on-board devices (e.g. SCSI) and it still gives
    >>this error message..
    >>
    >>any ideas, tips?
    >>
    >>thanks!

    , Oct 19, 2006