Tyan Thunder K8WE - trying to find 4-pin 92mm cpu fans

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by Scotter, Jan 9, 2006.

  1. Scotter

    Scotter Guest

    Restating problem in more clear/concise manner:

    My Tyan K8WE (S2895) motherboard needs CPU fans with 4-pin connectors for
    fan speed control from BIOS.
    NOTE: Please understand when I say "4-pin" I don't mean the big Molex ones
    like IDE drives use. I mean tiny
    4-pin that plugs directly into the motherboard in a way most motherboards
    have 3-pin connectors.
    Please see page from motherboard manual:
    http://www.oceanmedia.net/images/fan_4_wire.gif
    So those 3pin/4pin adaptors you see all over the web are not what I need
    because all the ones I've seen adapt the tiny 3-pin to the large 4-pin
    Molex-type power plug.

    I have read some reviews and I'm pretty well convinced I want this heatsink
    solution:
    ThermalRight XP-90C (all-copper version).
    Does anyone you know carry a dual ball bearing 92mm cpu fan with a 4-pin
    (not molex) power/control plug?
    I would need two of them, one for each processor.

    Thanks for any help/advice you can give!
    --
    Scotter
    Scotter, Jan 9, 2006

  2. Scotter

    John McGaw Guest

    Scotter wrote:
    > Restating problem in more clear/concise manner:
    >
    > My Tyan K8WE (S2895) motherboard needs CPU fans with 4-pin connectors for
    > fan speed control from BIOS.
    > NOTE: Please understand when I say "4-pin" I don't mean the big Molex ones
    > like IDE drives use. I mean tiny
    > 4-pin that plugs directly into the motherboard in a way most motherboards
    > have 3-pin connectors.
    > Please see page from motherboard manual:
    > http://www.oceanmedia.net/images/fan_4_wire.gif
    > So those 3pin/4pin adaptors you see all over the web are not what I need
    > because all the ones I've seen adapt the tiny 3-pin to the large 4-pin
    > Molex-type power plug.
    >
    > I have read some reviews and I'm pretty well convinced I want this heatsink
    > solution:
    > ThermalRight XP-90C (all-copper version).
    > Does anyone you know carry a dual ball bearing 92mm cpu fan with a 4-pin
    > (not molex) power/control plug?
    > I would need two of them, one for each processor.
    >
    > Thanks for any help/advice you can give!

    Like this? http://www.frozencpu.com/fan-188.html?id=qKubagC4

    Those new fans really can be a PITA to find but they are slowly becoming
    more available.

    --
    John McGaw
    [Knoxville, TN, USA]