    Ken429

    I just built a system with the Gigabyte UD3P MB, Q9550 (E0) processor, XFX GTS 250 video card and 4 Gig of Mushkin 1066 memory. I have several issues and Gigabyte technical support is something less than useless. The first problem is the GTS 250 card will not power up in the UD3P but works fine in an "old" abit IP35 Pro MB. An XFX GS9600 video card works just fine in both systems. Anybody have a similar experience with a dual slot card?

    Next, the VCore voltage is set to 1.2875v (the normal voltage for the Q9550?) and yet CPU-Z says its is running at 1.25v. The same differential stays in place as I up the VCore voltage manually. This is not a major issue but at the 1.25v reported by CPU-Z the system hangs on even a minor overclock of the Q9550. When I set the VCore voltage to 1.31 CPU-Z reports 1.28v and the Q9550 runs at 3.4 without an increase in temps. I think I'm learning about VCore and voltages in general since I got this board. The Q9550 was running in the abit at 3.4+ and I never changed anything except the FSB setting. Should I send the board back or is this normal?

    Ken429, Jul 31, 2009
  2. Ken429

    Ken429

    FYI - I tried the XFX GTS 250 card one last time in the Gigabyte UD3P MB and like magic it worked! Best I can tell the only change I made was to connect the system to a separate power source since the UPS that is was connected to cried overload when the system was under load with the 9600 card installed I guess the 250 draws considerably more power that the 9600 and that put the power demand over the edge so it just would not even power up? Make any sense?

    Ken429, Aug 7, 2009