UK power conversion

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by Angelo Campanella, Mar 23, 2011.

  1. I'll make a week visit to the UK soon.

    1- When I read the fine print on my power converter that I use at home for
    115vac, I see it saying "100-240vac 1.9A".

    2- Can I assume that all I have to do to use power outlets in the Hotel and
    the Meeting premises is to use a mechanical adapter to connect my thin US
    2-prong plug to the large 3-prong UK receptacles?

    3- In other words, is it so that the IBM UP/N 08K8208 AC adapter block
    contains electronic parts that accept 100-240 vac as input with no further
    items such as a converter required?

    Ange

    1. Advertising

  2. Angelo Campanella <> wrote:
    > I'll make a week visit to the UK soon.
    >
    > 1- When I read the fine print on my power converter that I use at home for
    > 115vac, I see it saying "100-240vac 1.9A".
    >
    > 2- Can I assume that all I have to do to use power outlets in the Hotel and
    > the Meeting premises is to use a mechanical adapter to connect my thin US
    > 2-prong plug to the large 3-prong UK receptacles?
    >
    > 3- In other words, is it so that the IBM UP/N 08K8208 AC adapter block
    > contains electronic parts that accept 100-240 vac as input with no further
    > items such as a converter required?
    >
    > Ange

    all you need is the plug adapter. the specs of allowable input range
    should be marked on the adapter itself, and should be 100-240.